Using a Fish Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caspers Kitchen

Assistant Cook
Looking for advice on a dish(s) I can make using a fish stock.
I baked a white fish with veggies in the oven in white wine and water with thyme, coriander and rosemary, topped with cheery tomato halves.
I put the juice on the table in a gravy boat to pour over the dish as required. It is a very tasty, but strong stock and it would be a shame to waste it. I have about 500 ml left over.
My partner is fussy and likes to stick to main stream dishes, she does not mind if I add flair, as long as it is a basic dish without too much spice, and it can never be HOT. Please be aware that she is also pregnant therefore restricting some ingredients.
Please help

I'd suggest some sort of seafood soup or chowder. These can be as simple or elaborate as you want to make them & always benefit from a good strong stock.

I have to agree. Make a soup or stew with it. Or, freeze the stock in ice cube trays, bag them in ziplock bags, and store frozen for later use.

That wouldn't be my first choice. How about a seafood risotto? You could still add some mushrooms.

I've always found seafood stock/broth works best in seafood-oriented dishes, otherwise it sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also good to have on hand, freeze it in ice cube trays to use in sauces. Melt a couple down, let it reduce and then add cream and let it reduce again. Makes for a quick and easy, really good sauce.

Hey People, thankyou all for your advise, I put half of it in the freezer (in an ice tray, as suggested) last night and I will look for a Bouilliabaise recipe that will suit our taste for tonight. Thanks Heaps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom