Breaded Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Anyone ever have this before??

Breaded Bacon

Ingredients:

1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
Mix dry ingredients and coat bacon with mixture. Fry bacon to desired crispness

No.. but I know my husband would be one happy camper if I were to make it for him!!

well then heres another one for you! ;)

Caramelized Bacon
Ingredients:
12 slices (12 ounces) thick sliced bacon
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet pan with foil. Spray wire rack with Pam place in pan. Cut bacon in half arrange in single layer on rack. Combine sugar, water and red pepper. Brush over bacon. Bake bacon 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned. (May be prepared ahead for up to three days.)

ok now that's just not nice! Can't you post these after I'm done with my diet?

I think I recall seeing a special on Fair foods, where they had chicken fried bacon? I would eat it Dee!

I think I recall seeing a special on Fair foods, where they had chicken fried bacon? I would eat it Dee!

I've had the "chicken fried" bacon several times...The bacon coated with brown sugar I would be concerned about it (the sugar) burning...especially the fried.
May have to give it a whirl....

Anyone ever have this before??

Breaded Bacon

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound thick-sliced bacon
Mix dry ingredients and coat bacon with mixture. Fry bacon to desired crispness

About 30 years ago, my mother did this minus the sugar and my husband devoured it. The bacon fried up nice and crisp and flat and fattening! Perfect to go with the milk gravy and biscuits she made! :pig:

I might try this over the holidays, but I'll make sure the life insurance policy is up-to-date first! :LOL:

My Mother used to just flour the bacon and pan fry it. Us 5 boys used to devour 2-3 pounds with toast for breakfast. Yum!

Joe what does the flour add to it?? Does it really make a big difference? I've never seen it made before....just the sugared one

I actually tried to do the caramelized version at one time... I had problems with most of the sugar running off the bacon and into the pan... where it carbonized. I think I may have had the oven set too high or something.

Now if you wrap the 'caramelized' version around a smoked sausage and ovenize it @ 350 for a half hour... mmm.

oh man, dee, these look great!!!!

bacon bacon bacon bacon, bacoooooooooon!

i will swing by the store later on to make this sometime on sunday. oh, and i have to stop at the medical supply store for the defibrillator, too.

j/k. copied and saved.

Back
Top Bottom