The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I know lots of us make stuff... gardening season is about over...
Care to share or show off???
I do!!! :LOL:

I made these over the weekend. The chubby candycorn is the first and I screwed it up somewhere.....
I like the little one better.
I'll be making a little pumpkin and spider next..... :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 181
in process of making a cover for my great granddaughter's drum stool. then a retro apron for her mom. also have a baby quilt top that i am making for georgia who will be a year old on christmas. after that , no clue, maybe new curtains for bedroom. :cool:

Thanks!
The spider is coming along... I have to make myself stop and make some dinner!
I'll probably have it ready to pic and post in the morning.
:)

Those are soooo cute, Suzie! I can't wait to see the spider. I'm currently starting on a bridal headpiece and veil for a girl who's getting married next month. I'm also working on Halloween costumes - I love Halloween!

And this morning, my son and I were playing with some Sculpey polymer clay to try and make the "letter dice" to make our own Big Boggle game. Hasbro stopped making Big Boggle years ago, but we love it and thought it would be fun to make our own. The first die is very encouraging - baked up fine and the letters I stamped into each side didn't distort or become less clear. If we get it fine-tuned and end up with a set, I'll post pics, too.

BTW Suzie, I love this thread! I think it'll be so much fun to see what everyone is working on.

Those are great, Suzi! I am crocheting a pullover sweater for my friend's daughter's baby boy. I have to hurry or he will grow out of it before I get it done. You would think with all the time on my hands I would have it done already but I can't seem to concentrate on it for long periods of time.

I also have a quilt that I have been working on for what seems like forever!

I forgot - I love the google eyes on your little ghost and candy corn, Suzie. It reminds me of a skit Christopher Walken did on Saturday Night Live about a gardener who was scared of plants so he put google eyes on all of the "so he knew where he stood with them".

Oh Saph it's so easy!
If I can, anyone can!
I didn't learn 'til last year, and taught myself just off the internet and a couple books.
:)

I've been reading up on sewing books so I can very soon tackle that sewing machine of mine! Then maybe soon I will have something to share! :ermm:

Great job by the way! So cute, you could prob start selling those! Please share pics everyone, This is so interesting to see the talent here!:)

I've been reading up on sewing books so I can very soon tackle that sewing machine of mine! Then maybe soon I will have something to share! :ermm:

Great job by the way! So cute, you could prob start selling those! Please share pics everyone, This is so interesting to see the talent here!:)
Good for you, Deelady! You can do it! I taught myself from books, too. But remember - sewing machine repair people and folks who work at stores that sell machines can be your best friends! Usually, people who sew or repair sewing machine are the salt of the earth. Most of them are happy to help you with setting that zipper or that pattern instruction that just seems crazy or when you can't seem to stop your machine from making a big, ugly knot of thread every time you try to sew a seam. Also, there a quite a few of us here at DC that sew so if you need any help or have questions, just ask!

Thank you fisher's mom, I'm sure I will be doing just that! I hope you don't regret that offer in the future! ;)
There is a nearby quilting store that offers tons of classes and they have a great beginners one for 3wks for 45 bucks.....but I would have to figure out care for my DD. At least its nice to know I have an option!
I already have two boxes full of quilting squares and misc material....I just have to figure out how to make them stick together to form a quilt! :ermm::ermm:;)

OOOOOO I want to quilt!!!!
That's next.
I'll post some of my cross-stitch later..

I will post some pictures when I get home (we are out of town until Wednesday). Actually I posted pictures of some of the monkey neck-pillows I made last year, so you can check my photos for them. I will post other pictures as I make things.

I love the ones you posted Suzi!

:)Barbara

Thank you fisher's mom, I'm sure I will be doing just that! I hope you don't regret that offer in the future! ;)
There is a nearby quilting store that offers tons of classes and they have a great beginners one for 3wks for 45 bucks.....but I would have to figure out care for my DD. At least its nice to know I have an option!
I already have two boxes full of quilting squares and misc material....I just have to figure out how to make them stick together to form a quilt! :ermm::ermm:;)
That's exactly why I had to teach myself - no one to watch my kids! I just went to my first specialized sewing class a couple of years ago and it was wonderful! So if you get the chance to take a class, jump on it. But in the mean time, feel free to PM me if you need any help. You will have so much fun sewing for a little girl!

I already hve a million projects in my head I want to do!
My long term goal is to be able to sell them one day at craft fairs! uhhh but I think I have a ways to go! lol :LOL:

deelady, my mother taught me to sew when I was 12 and crochet when I was 10, my grandmother taught me needlework when I was about 7. My hands don't allow for me to do as much these days, but a friend gave me an ergonomic crochet hook to get my current projects done!

I agree with the advice Fisher's Mom gave you about sewing and if you ever need some coaching, let me know. It is really not difficult. Soon you will find yourself making all sorts of wonderful things!

fifteen years ago i taught myself to sew. i have enjoyed it so much and made lots of useful and pretty things.

taught myself to knit about the sames time, with a video of lessons. i enjoy it but don't do it as much as regular sewing. need faster results that knitting affords.

quilting was learned from several books. i love it, but it is an expensive craft. ;)

I used to do those things, and always looked forward to retirement, when I would have time to spend on all the creative projects I'd dreamed up over the years.
Unfortunately, fate had other plans for me. But I've rolled with the changes, and all is well.

Back
Top Bottom