Urgent - ISO easy unbaked cheesecake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniman

Executive Chef
I'm drawing up the plan for the next cookery course for my 11/12 yr olds and I want to put in an easy cheesecake using a biscuit base and decorating with fruit. It is the filling I'm finding hard. Can anyone help?

Gimme a few minutes, I have one for Key Lime and have to find it, probably just the same without the lime juice.

CHEESECAKE
IN MIXER, COMBINE:
2-8 OUNCE PACKAGES OF CREAM CHEESE.
7 OUNCES CONDENSED MILK
¼ CUP LEMON JUICE
1 TEASPOON VANILLA.
ADD 8 OUNCES COOL WHIP
POUR INTO PREPARED SHELL AND CHILL ABOUT 3 HOURS

This is an unbaked one I use. If you have time to freeze it...you can take it out when ready and it will cut really nicely in a about 1o minutes....and be completely thawed in about 30. I like to do it that way, because the pieces are so much neater looking when they have been cut partly frozen.

I make a no bake cheescake filling for the dh I use sugar free everything but you can get the regular stuff with no problem and it's very easy to make:

1 container of jello pudding, vanilla (prepared)
8 ounces of cream cheese
8 ounces of whipped cream topping

You mix the prepared jello pudding with the softened cream cheese in a standing mixer and fold in the whipped topping. If you want a lighter filling add more whipped cream. I make a holiday pie by mixing in one small can (or half a large can) of pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice at the end. And a peanut butter cheese cake by substituting the jello for peanut butter (creamy works best) for that I make a nutter butter cookie crust. Got that recipe from the bottom of a whipped cream tub and have been making it for years!

Refrigerator No Bake Cheesecake:

This recipe is from a wonderful little cheescake cookbook that I have. I've not tried it but have tried several recipes from this book. They have all been excellent and so I trust this one will be also. Due to copyright law, I can't copy the text. But I can give an ingredient list and an explanation of technique.

Ingredients:
Crust
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tbs. butter, melted
3 tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Filling:
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
3 cups creamed cottage cheese (run through a sieve or blender)
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 cup heavy cream

Combine the crust ingredients well. Set aside 2 tbs. of the mixture. Press the rest on the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Try to get an even thickness throughout. Chill it in the freezer.

In a the top of a double boiler, mix the gelatin, sugar and salt. Beat the egg yolks with milk and add to the gelatin mixture. Cook over boiling water for about 8 or 90 minutes, stirring continuously. The gelatin will have dissolved and the mixture will be silky smooth. It should coat the back of a clean spoon at this point.

Remove the doule boiler from the heat and add the lemon rind. Cool the mixture and add the creamed cottage cheese. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Beat the egg whites into a stiff marangue and fold into the cheese mixture. Whip the cream and fold in. Pour the mixture into the curst. Sprinkle the reserved mixture around the edges. Put it all back in the fridge and cool for a couple of hours.

Serve.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't know, I've never used Cool-Whip. I always use whipped heavy cream.

I just figured Cool-Whip's industrial chemical structure included gelatin and would set better.

But if you get satisfactory results by using heavy cream, then that's good enough to inspire me to try using it.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom