Say it Ain't So

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok. This is to find out our strange likes. I propose that we each tell about our little food loving secrets. That is, tell us what you love, but wouldn't admit to loving in polite company (or among other foodies).

For me, I love potted meat sandwiches, made with Libby's (or Armour in a pinch) potted meat, mixed with Miracle Whip salad dressing and sweet pickle relish, spread on hot, buttered whole wheat toast. Yum.

I also adore grilled cheese sandwiches, made with white bread and Velveeta cheese, buttered on the outside, and cooked on my Grandpa's old iron waffle iron with reversible plates. These babies cooked on both sides at once and made the cheese so gooey.

I love Sardines, straight from the can, guts and all.

And finally, I love liverwurst (my wife can't stand the smell of the stuff and so I don't get it very often).

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Mmmmmmmmmmm Yuuuuuuuuuuuummy! I too just love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Another thing I love is greenbeans cooked with bacon and new potatoes.

And one last thing I love to eat is saltine crackers with butter and jelly on them. :)

I love liverwurst. But the dog loves it more!!!

Cheez Doodles. The puffy kind. I don't eat any other junk (that's a lie-will explain later), but they were on sale for $1.66 and I bought 2 bags! I ration my dose by spilling some out on a plate, then putting the bag away. I bite each in 1/2 so they last twice as long.
When I make tuna fish salad, I have to eat with potato chips. Preferably Lay's brand. So I buy a snack size bag, usually found up by the registers or at 7-eleven. Otherwise I'd have to make onion dip to finish off a big bag. :LOL:

Grits with cheddar cheese, hot sauce and a "special" seasoning - one of my favorite dinners.

I also enjoy, not often but still, kielbasa with boxed macaroni and cheese-a certain brand but i don't think i can say.

Frozen ravioli with a can of tomato sauce.

Pasta, canned diced tomoatoes and tons of ricotta cheese.

Plain pasta with butter and tons of freshly grated parm.

These are things I make for myself when I am eating alone-sshhh-don't tell anyone.;)

I'm also a fan of liverwurst.

The saltines must have peanut butter and strawbwrry jam for me.

Chicken gizzards and hearts with just a sprinkle of salt.

My grilled cheese is made with white or wheat bread and American cheese.

I like eating spicy pickles on my bread and butter - nothing else
I will even eat ready meals

Hey! I like eating bread and butter pickles on spicy bread! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

mmmm, a piece of pepperoni that's been aged in the cupboard in a glass in one hand, and a slice of white bread in the other..... Sardines (packed in oil) mashed with a fork on a slice of white bread.....

Although, this thread is like the "embarrassed to eat" thread, and while those snacks may or may not be strange, it wouldn't bother me to tell anyone I ate them :neutral:

Love liverwurst, just alone. A nice thick slice would be great right now.
Bologna sandwich w/ mayo (not miricle whip) on one side and mustard on the other. And I always have to have a layer of Lay's potato chips between the bologna and bread and it has to be on the mayo side.
My favorite dip with potato chips is cottage cheese. And when ever I eat a hotdog it has to be blanketed in a slice of white bread, not a roll with a slice of hot-n-spicy dill pickle, mustard and topped with saurkraut.

I love liverwurst on white bread, mayo and crunchy lettuce.
My secret pleasure is white toast slathered with butter and green box parmesan sprinkled on top. Did I just admit that???

Barb

Hello, my name is Allen, and I have a confession.

I work as a saute cook in a country club. I work with high-dollar ingredients, and prepare elaborate dishes.

That said, I have a severe addiction to fast food tex-mex. I know, I know. Lots and LOTS of sodium.

I have been known to make a box of mac & cheese and dump the contents of a can of tuna packed in water into the dish.

I will eat chicken-flavored ramen noodles.

*walks off the stage, hanging his head in shame.

I have been known to make a box of mac & cheese and dump the contents of a can of tuna packed in water into the dish.
Head up, Allen. This sounds great. I'm-a try that!

Me? Also a liverwurst fan. And I love Dinty Moore beef stew from the can. YUM (I haven't had that for a long time, but may talk myself into it). I'm also a fan of grilled cheese sandwiches with Velveeta... but next time I think I might include some grilled onion.

i love braunsweiger with bread & American cheese!!!
i don't mind saying that, though- delicious!!

I like nibble on cold mac & cheese or tuna casserole right out of the fridge.
I like leftover popcorn, the crunchy little tails on fried shrimp or fried bluegill, the skin on a baked potato and chicken backs (especially fried).

I love cleaning a turkey carcass and nibbling all those tender little bits around the bone, especially the "oysters" in the back and the tailbone. I love the marrow out of that little round bone in a ham steak, "lace" on my fried eggs, and catsup on my fried potatoes.

Hmmm this topic sounds familiar.....;) lol

my latest weird concoction to snack on is green olives with fruit snacks on the side....:ohmy: I like the contrasting salty and sweet!:blush:

spam
sardines
diced tomatos from the can
butter (I can eat this by the spoonfull but try to avoid it.)
mayo (another thing I can eat by the spoonfull)
honey (I buy the squirt kind and just squirt it into my mouth.)

I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them right now!!!

Back
Top Bottom