Where have you lived the longest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
As of the first week in July, my husband and I have lived in this house longer than any other. To take it a step further, it is the longest I've lived in any town. 7 years and counting. I try to never say never or always, but several friends I've talked to about this have asked if I'm getting the itch. I think maybe I've found home; it only took me 50 years. How many of you have lived in the same place most of your lives? How many have had the itch to move on, but didn't feel you could because of obligations (family, job, etc)?

To take it one step further, if you are happy where you live, what makes it a community where you are happy?

When I lived right by the airport in the Wetpsrk neighborhood. I lived there for 15 years growing up. Then We moved to an eastern suberb. After that I went back to the old neighborhood for another 3 years. Then we moved to a western subub adn have been here for around 6 or 7 years.

Vista, California (5 years to start, then after almost 2 years away, 16 1/2 years--same house as the first 5 years). Close runners-up are South Carolina (3 houses in one town and 2 houses in my present town) and San Diego (at least 4 houses by age 8 1/2 and 1 house from age 10 to almost 15).

:)Barbara

I've always lived in Maryland,
But I've been living in my existing house since I had it built 20 years ago.

Mississippi All of my life...Except for a Cattle drive out of Lonesome Dove Texas up to the Powder River Country of Montana once ----------

In washington since I was 8... in Issy for the last 11 years 2 different houses though

I've basically lived here most of my life. I grew up here from age 6 to 20 and we've been in this house now almost 16 years. We've always lived within 20 miles of here.
I would rather be in Costa Rica where dh and I plan to retire but due to obligations with my mother that has been put on hold for a while.

Barb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom