Saturday's Dinner Nov 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I just took a 3 lb package of wings out of the freezer and am going to cook them all on the grill using Callisto's teriyaki sauce recipe. I'll cook them like last time, in a dish then onto the grate. With veggies and blue cheese dip. I'll have enough to munch on cold tomorrow throughout the day :)

Does anyone else have dinner figured out yet?

Yep. Just got back from Tiffanys with two racks of babybacks. Gonna make an apple cider and brown sugar mop with kicked up Bone Suckin Sauce. Grilled corn with butter and thyme.

My appetizer will be a Grey Goose martini and a stogie.

My babybacks are tomorrow, but that's another thread, lol.

Leftover roast beef. I'm gonna make a spinach souffle to go with it. I have a great recipe from a San Francisco A La Carte cookbook (by the Junior League of San Francisco) it has soooo many fantastic recipes. There's also an Encore cookbook of the same title. Excellent.

scratch above. changed my mind. I have some zucchini I need to use so it's a zucchini bake from the San Francisco A La Carte cookbook. YuMmmmYyy.....

We're going to my dd's for our grandsons' 8th birthday party!! I think we're having sloppy joes and pasta salad. Cake and ice cream too of course.

Barb

Got some Tilapia from Market Street (along with 3.99 lb T-Bones, 1.99 lb skirt steaks, and a bunch of those wonderful butter like flatirons). So I think I will be lightly dusting those tilapia fillets and frying. Not sure about my sides yet, maybe some zukes tossed with pasta and a green salad.

The dinner I was planning for my sister and her husband has turned into dinner for 11....

Cocktails served with shrimp with a horseradish cream, arepas made with cilantro, brown sugar and jalepeno in the mozzarella blend, figs topped with bleu cheese and honey.

First course: Roasted quail on a bed of beet hash with truffle oil aioli
Coppola pinot noir

Dinner course: Pork loin stuffed with cranberries, almonds, sausage and garlic bread cubes, pumpkin risotto, sauteed peas. I have a mushroom demi glace for the pork.
Zinfandel

Dessert: pumpkin cheesecake, apple pie, double fudge brownies.
Boozed coffee

leaning strongly toward a potato soup...heading out to the garden to gather some celery, parsley, green/red peppers who I hope escaped the freeze while under the bed clothes, carrots and cabbage....hmmm, not really sounding like a potato soup is it?:LOL:

Inspired partly by take home chef, tonight I am making a 4 course dinner for my brother and his girl friend at his girlfriend's apt.

Course 1 Appetizer

Calamari Rings with a zesty pepper ranch dipping sauce.

Course 2

Lobster Ravioli with a rosemary garlic butter sauce

Course 3

Orange Glazed Scallops (scallops fried and tossed in an orange sauce)

Course 4 Dessert

Chocolate Mouse with a Cinnamon Butter Whipped Cream and grahm cracker crust.

Inspired partly by take home chef, tonight I am making a 4 course dinner for my brother and his girl friend at his girlfriend's apt.

Course 1 Appetizer

Calamari Rings with a zesty pepper ranch dipping sauce.
how do make the ranch sauce ..

Bourbon....Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel
Catfish.....Mississippi Pond Raised 3/5 oz. Golden Fried Filets.....
Steamed Green Cabbage Drizzled with Hot Pepper Sauce....
Hot Buttermilk Cornbread with Real Cream Butter.....
Assorted Chocolates....(Left over Halloween candy):ermm:

Shoot!! No matter how hard I try --- I can't make my supper sound good like Miss Verablue's ---:(

:)

I changed my mind.
Ham is in the oven and I found a box of AuGratin potatoes.
Just gotta find a veggie...
MAN I love lazy food some days!!

the chicken pot pie. i planned for last night. salad, corn on cob. ended up with left over granny's pot surprise. with left over toasted hot dog buns. did em in the skillet.

Back
Top Bottom