What is Your Christmas Decor Theme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
What is your theme for Christmas decor?

Mine is Blue, white and silver. Snowflakes and snowmen. I have snowglobes and snowman all over the shelves.

I had a thread from 2005 for this, but, it wouldn't let me bump it up. Shows at off topic chat when I find it in a search?? So I did a new one.
8.gif

I don't put up Christmas decorations before remembrance day, it is considered rude. It takes away from their day. I know many soldiers and am related to many, Nick is also one.

Really Saph? Considered rude by whom? My Dad was a WW2 vet and I never heard him complain about that ever.

I think TG was just asking what people's themes would be, not when they put up their decorations. I know how staunchly she is behind her country's troops and I would hate for her to get the mistaken impression that you are critical. I know you aren't, so I'm hoping this will clear things up for you both.

I don't really have a "theme" but the colors I concentrate on are a deep wine red and gold trim....I guess I would call it a classic/traditional look...?
This is actually the first year in many many many years I am actually starting to feel the spirit again! :santa::santa:

i don't really do a tree anymore. have a huge fake ficus and i put lights and garland on it, i call it my california christmas tree. i have a lot of wreaths and those go up. have one metal tree for kitchen table that has lace angels on it, i made it. theme is cottage, kinda old fashioned things. i have to get really into spirit, to do more, cause only me to admire it.

I have to agree with Alix - this isn't a "when" question but a "theme/color" question. So, say it's AFTER Remembrance Day Saph - do you have a theme?

My theme is ANYTHING as, while I love to have everything decorated I hate doing it. One year, ok, TWO YEARS!...I put lights and garland on the tree and that's all :ermm: It still looked good and I didn't have to put ANY decorations up after!! :mellow:

Mostly I do red/green/gold/a bit of lime green/white...there's a few other colors in there...I guess you could say it's all pretty traditional except for the lime green...I bought a few things last year that were "limey" and loved how it brightened everything up!

My theme is also unmatched, especially in the Christmas tree. It is sentimental. I have a few bulbs dating to the early 1900's, paper chains and clothespin dolls made by the children when they were very young, ornaments given by friends. Each year we string cranberries and popcorn. We add candy canes and red bows. It is a mismatch. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

What is your theme for Christmas decor?

Mine is Blue, white and silver. Snowflakes and snowmen. I have snowglobes and snowman all over the shelves.

probably going to be mine as well. I think that a deep blue and silvers and whites are an amazing combination... can't wait to start decorating for the holidays!

I finally came to realize that what goes up must come down, so I set my grapevine reindeer out on the front porch, put a wreath on the door, and buy a couple of big poinsettias for inside the house...one red and one white.

what, what?? You do the same?
Nooooooooo, you coy thing, you. I meant that crazy first post you edited. And then it made my comment silly. So I edited the comment. LOL!

I put a ribbon wreath I made on the front door, dress
'weiner dog' in his elf suit to visit, and cook stuff to bring to everyone.
That's it. I don't really have many guests, so it's so
much work to not have anyone, including me, enjoy.

But I still have everything I've collected for 33+ years.

Whenever I move or clean the shed, I get to look through them.

The one thing I always do for the past 14 years is I give my niece a unique ornament every year
for her mother to put away til she's on her own.
She'll have quite a starter collection and keepsake by then.

It's what my grandmother started with me.
I have no kids, so I passed it on to niece.

OOPS! I totally forgot to mention my theme is "early handmedown" with a touch of "make sure the dog/cat won't die if he eats it". LOL, we have no theme. I am decoratively impaired and we just toss things willy nilly til it looks like the Christmas elves threw up on our living room.

I love Christmas and enjoy putting up my tree. My oldest daughter always comes and helps with the lights and setting out my angels..My tree is done in silver and gold, crystals, the only colors would be the robes on the angels, we have a lot of balls that are mirrors, lots of icycles and white lights...My dinning room buffet is white and silver ...I do this mostly for the little ones, you should see the ooo's and ahs when they see it the first time. It's as if it's brand new and you don't mind the work so much. Dh is a darling about helping take it all down so I don't mind and after being sick and wondering if I would even put up a tree last year, I'm looking forward to this year...I'm wishing everyone some joy and peace and a quiet evening just looking at your tree and the flickering lights and remembering how it was when we were children.

kadesma

Every year about a million snowmen take over my house around the holidays..
a few of them stay out to make me smile all year long.

Really Saph? Considered rude by whom? My Dad was a WW2 vet and I never heard him complain about that ever.

I think TG was just asking what people's themes would be, not when they put up their decorations. I know how staunchly she is behind her country's troops and I would hate for her to get the mistaken impression that you are critical. I know you aren't, so I'm hoping this will clear things up for you both.

You're beautiful, you know that!?

Saph, I just like to know what other people decorate with. When people put their stuff up is of no interest to me. Everyone does their own thing. I don't put my stuff up until the day after Thanksgiving.
BTW, my daddy was a Vietnam vet and my brother served in the Army, I NEVER forget the men and woman that give me my life. No matter what day it is. I don't feel that Christmas has any affect on that.

Stacy, you and Erica could be sisters:LOL: She is a snowman person..Take her looking at ornaments and I go for a beautiful angel and guess what my girl comes at me with? Yep a chubby little snow person. She just loves them...I just love getting her things for her collection doesn't matter the size, each one is loved :LOL: Now her sister, lordy, she drags her feet, til I could wring her neck..I finally had to guilt trip her, saying what about Olivia and Ethan, they need a tree and lights..now it's time to do it again.. Deep breath and get ready ma

kades

Back
Top Bottom