Cats don't do Daylight Saving Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
cats, dog and babies do not live by daylight savings time. ;) They want to be fed when they want it.

guess computers don't either. it went to reg. time twice before it should have. then didn't change when it was time. sorta like cats i think. lol

Unfortunately, because they changed day light savings this year, the older computers, meaning, more than a year old:LOL: are still on the old day light savings.

My dogs and cat could have cared less. There is certain benefit from not keeping them on a set schedule.

My wiener dog is very weird. He wants to go to sleep at 9:30 every night and will hound you (pun intended) until you accede to his wishes.

You can set your watch by him. You could set Greenwich Mean Time by him.

And he accomodates the clock moving back and forth!!!!!

I've been weaning my dog into it. She's use to getting fed at 4:00 am & 4:00 pm, so the first morning I knew she would be starving, so I gave her breakfast at 3:15 am & dinner at 3:30 pm. This morning she got breakfast at 3:45 am and tonight she should be right at 4:00 pm. Of course she starts staring at me an hour before meal time anyway. She lives to eat. And yes I really do get up that early due to aches and pains waking me up.

My cats want to get up an hour before the dawn - whenever it is - and like to come in when the heat of the day is waning. With 12 cats in my house at the moment, NONE of us like daylight savings!!!! They don't like that I'm not up in time and they don't like that I bring them in earlier than they like either. I however need to operate somewhat by a clock even if they don't!

We get to have a referendum on Daylight Savings after it finishes at the end of March - yay!!!!! Historically, Western Australia has always voted against it as we don't really need it. Who knows what will be the result after the end of this 3 year trial.

The ruling body in my house is a biumverate of two labs. The want to get up with me (4:00 AM weekdays). They get fed at 5:30 AM and PM. DO NOT BE LATE.
There were some management / labor negotiations over the time change.

AC

Back
Top Bottom