Crockpot Western Omelet Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
Crockpot Western Omelet Casserole
1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes(not the shreds)
1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained OR 1 lb.
cooked ham, cubed OR cooked sausage
1 med. diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 Handful of fresh chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper (more or less to taste)

Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions,cilantro,green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese and top it with sliced green onions..
Beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together.
Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low.
Cook for 3-4 hours.

No, but a trusted friend did and says her husband loves it for wraps to take with him to work!! I'm searching for things right now I WANT to try and thought I'd share with you guys :chef:

yum! my daughter has been cooking stuff for me to take to work and sell for fundraisers! I am going to have to try this with the tortillas for breakfast!!!

This sounds deelish. I wonder, could I add a white gravy to the mix somehow? Bring a little of the South into the mix?

sounds good to me! 12 eggs though lol... Paul and I would have to eat this every morning for two weeks!

I don't see why not....but you'd need to make sure to of cousre adjust the cooking time....as for the gravy I think it would taste great but I would add it after it has cooked...I would be worried of it making everything too mushy if you add it earlier.

Brilliant deelady! This sounds like the breakfast burritos i sometimes make for dinner but much easier to prepare. I never even thought about doing it in a crock pot...genius.

Back
Top Bottom