Free turkey at supermarket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Does your store give free turkey if you spend $300 within a certain time frame ? I forget the dates but it is usually before the holiday, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I usually get the turkey close to Thanksgiving since I don't have that much room in my freezer.
The store is also giving $25 gas card if you spend $75 worth of certain brands of food.

Does your store give free turkey if you spend $300 within a certain time frame ? I usually get the turkey close to thanksgiving since I don't have that much room in my freezer.
Our market give what they call turkey bucks..I just got 10 of them last saturday so now I have 15 dollars worth..Last year I got a free turkey and a half ham with all my turkey bucks:LOL:

kadesma

Our market give what they call turkey bucks..I just got 10 of them last saturday so now I have 15 dollars worth..Last year I got a free turkey and a half ham with all my turkey bucks:LOL:

kadesma

That is a good deal. :)

My store had a coupon last week, buy a ham ($30 or so) and get a free turkey....

That makes me happy.... I was down to only 1 turkey in the big freezer, I can go back to hoarding them now!!!
:)

We have to spend $35 a week for so many weeks (something like 5-7 weeks, not sure) to get a free turkey. I did that once, but it wasn't worth it because I ended up buying a few things I didn't really need right then, just to spend the $35 minimum. Turkeys are pretty cheap at Thanksgiving time, so I don't want to buy stuff just to get a turkey. Our store does something similar for Christmas, Easter, and 4th of July.

:)Barbara

...That makes me happy.... I was down to only 1 turkey in the big freezer, I can go back to hoarding them now!!!
:)
LOL I do the same thing with "seasonal" meats (turkey, corned beef). I like to stock up when they are on sale.

:)Barbara

For years our supermarket gave out hams or turkey if u spent a certain amount in a given time frame. Finally I wrote a very nice letter to the supermarket letting them know that I was a good, long term customer, who travelled about 15 miles just to shop at their market ( passing many others on the way), and that I spend much more than what is required, but since im a vegetarian, I cant benefit from the reward.

Well, in return, they responded with a very nice letter, a $10 gift card to their store, and have now included a vegetarian lasagna ( in addition to the ham, or turkey) as one of the choices. I thought that was very nice of them and they did the right thing ( until they accused my wife of steeling (long story), and now we dont shop there anymore)

Our super market in PA does that. Ive gotten 1 every year and twice i think i bought a few things jsut to get us over the limit towards the end.

Yep.

450 Bucks spent will get you either a 15 buck free turkey or 15 bucks off on your groceries.

Nice deal, but that grocery store is bit more pricey on some items.

here they have a deal, spend $100 dollars and get a free turkey. i never have room for it in the freezer. if you wait til last minute, there is a chance they won't have any. my son and various other members of the family get free turkeys from their jobs.when i have thanksgiving we use that and i buy a ham. i am not cooking this year. it bores me and they eat and then run to various in laws for another dinner. i am tired of making all the food, then not even be able to visit with them. plus last couple years i have gotten to tired and needed several days to rest up.

do i sound like a scrooge? probably, but i see it as just a reality

here they have a deal, spend $100 dollars and get a free turkey. i never have room for it in the freezer. if you wait til last minute, there is a chance they won't have any. my son and various other members of the family get free turkeys from their jobs.when i have thanksgiving we use that and i buy a ham. i am not cooking this year. it bores me and they eat and then run to various in laws for another dinner. i am tired of making all the food, then not even be able to visit with them. plus last couple years i have gotten to tired and needed several days to rest up.

do i sound like a scrooge? probably, but i see it as just a reality

You don't sound like a scrooge. I can understand the hassle and the tiredness.

ordered a turkey from vons today for 3.88 cents. gonna thaw and cook it when it gets here then freeze most of it for after the holidays. to good of a price to let it go. i see sandwichs, both hot and cold, soup, a some main dishs in my future. thanks lady, i guess it is just part of getting old.

we have the same deal. 300 bucks to get a free turkey, ham, or lasagna.
i've found if you wait until the last minute to redeem it, you often can get a 20+ pound turkey. i don't know why they hold on to the bigger birds and offer the 14 or 15 pounders first.

one year, my wife got one using a shopper's discount card registered to her maiden name, and i got one, and my mil got one since we did her shopping for her, using her card. we had one for thanksgiving, one for christmas, and the last in january.

i was glad that i didn't see another turkey until the following november.

Back
Top Bottom