Cranberry Cornbread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I tried the following recipe on Thanksgiving. To my surpise everyone liked it. Seemed unusual to me but never know until you taste it.

Cranberry Corn Bread

Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup powdered sugar

3/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup granulated sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup milk

1 large egg

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan.

Place cranberries and powdered sugar in a large bowl; mix well. In another bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder. Add to cranberries; mix well.

Blend milk, egg and melted butter in a small bowl or glass measure. Pour over cornmeal mixture; fold to combine. Pour into the pan. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted, about 20 minutes. Serve warm as a breakfast bread or as a side dish.

PER SERVING: calories; g fat ( percent calories from fat); g saturated fat; mg cholesterol; g protein; g carbohydrate; g sugar; g fiber; mg sodium; mg calcium.

Thanks In the Kitchen! Did you slip any booze into this recipe? What would you recommend?

MJ: I am not good with booze. As you may tell from the different posts that I am the one that ASKS what they drink? I am way behind in this category. I probably would serve with some kind of drink anyway. They are just glad I fix something different for them. Booze or no booze. I am the one that should drink the booze when have to fix the food. They don't believe in 'take out'. Wonder whose fault that is? Cranberries are something I didn't expect would go well with cornbread but surprised me. I will surely fix it again.

Back
Top Bottom