Does anyone subscribe to a cooking site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superchef123

Assistant Cook
I have recently noticed many new paid cooking sites and wondered if anyone were members. Do they have better recipes or offer something special. Just curious.

I am a lifetime member of Cooking Club of America as well as a member of DC. I belonged to CCoA first, or I probably would not have paid to join. I like both of them. Two of the biggest advantages of DC is that it is free and it is kind of like one big family. There is a family feel at CCoA as well, but on a smaller scale (to me anyway). Three things I love about CCoA is they send a monthly magazine, they have sweepstakes every month (I won three potato peelers but nothing big yet), and you can test products (and keep the products you test). I haven't gotten to test anything too big yet, but I did get a baking pan, a silicone pot holder, and several smaller things. When you test a product, btw, you write a review of it, which may or may not be printed in the magazine.

That said, I paid around $300 for my CCoA membership (they did send a set of stainless steel pans, an apron, and a few other things, for joining) and I rarely go there. DC is free and I am here every day.

:)Barbara

I subscribe to cooks illustrated. it's $24 a year, they have a decent recipe index and all their magazines are published in pdf.

I also subscribe to Cooks Illustrated - I do miss receiving their magazine, and you can read each issue on their site, as well as look up recipes in the archives. They do have a Bulletin Board, but the people there aren't NEARLY as warm and friendly as the people here, so I don't use it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom