Farmed Pheasant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
The "powers that be" list "game birds" under the "Poultry" forum. I'm hoping that's why I haven't been getting any action re: my question, since that's where I posted it a few days ago. :ermm:

Anyway, we've recently been blessed with a fabulous new Wegmans supermarket that carries frozen farmed pheasant at a decent price. I'd love to try one on my indoor rotisserie, but wonder if it would end up too dry, even though it's a farmed - not wild - bird.

I've read the threads here re: preparing wild birds & do realize that they're usually brined or larded or wrapped in bacon. Do those processes still hold for a farm-raised bird?

QS - those posts only began appearing after I double-posted over here. And yes, I've been reading & responding to the posts "over there". Don't worry. The only reason I double-posted was because, although, "game birds" is in the "Poultry" forum description, over there in "Game" there were actually threads on pheasant. Sorry, but I'm gonna go where I think I'm most likely to get answers - lol!

And Andy, as soon as I buy one of those pheasants, you can bet I'll be checking the wrapper for a producer website. Chances are excellent they'll have cooking ideas &/or a contact e-mail.

I guess I remember seeing post #2 asking "no responders" saw this, and I mixed the 2, too!
I am curious too, so, watching. Me worry? Mistook me for someone else! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom