What's good with pulled Pork Sandwiches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cole slaw, mac or potatoe salads my gang love some baked beans

kadesma

Agree with kades..... I was thinking tater salad and ranch beans. Or a nice refreshing slaw of some sort.

I had pulled pork sandwiches the other day(s, actually...4# shoulder roast). I like 'em with freshly made coleslaw and red yam French fries.

Sweet cole slaw piled on top of the pork on a fresh kaiser roll. Baked beans for a side with cold iced tea. Just had this the other night at Smokey Bones BBQ joint.

i agree with cole slaw and baked beans ..
i usually make some hush puppies also ..

I just finished making creamy coleslaw for the butt I put on the smoker at 6:00. I like it right on the sandwich, too. I prefer cheaper hamburg rolls though, they don't take away from the pork or slaw like I "nice" roll does. IMO.

Ya got me thinking about trying my hand at macaroni salad now.... I need to hunt down a recipe for a small quantity. I think I remember seeing a recent thread. C-YA.

i am with pacanis .. give me a cheap soft hamburger bun ..
it helps suck up the sauce ..

This is a different kind of slaw that's delicious with pulled pork:

North Carolina Style Slaw

1 Cabbage; shredded (or 2 packages coleslaw mix)
1 tsp Pepper
2 Red and green bell peppers, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 c Cider vinegar
1/4 c Brown sugar
1 ts Salt
1/4-1/2 cups Ketchup

Mix everything but cabbage and peppers and taste!!!!! Add whatever you think you might want more of ( ketchup and sugar reduce bitterness).

Dump it in with the vegs and mix well. Let sit in frige to chill and allow the flavors to mix.

I am with everyone else on the slaw, I also like cornbread & bbq beans with PP sandwiches.

Homemade potato chips and macaroni salad are a favorite here.
do you have a recipe for the homemade chips?

to be honost with you all. The pulled pork was not good at ALL. something must have happened to it that i did not like it. Seemed to slimmy or "to" pullable. Even drenched in BBQ sauce, it was not good.

What could have gone wrong? any tips for slow cooking in a crock pot?

All the suggested additions sound awesome:chef:. I am getting hungry just reading ;):)

Back
Top Bottom