Pot Luck Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AuntieV

Cook
There is a thread about pot lucks in the Events area but no recipes. With the holidays around the corner, I would like some new ideas for pot lucks with the recipe or a link to it. I really need some new ideas.

Please share your TNT Potluck recipes.

Here is a bourbon chicken recipe I have made for parties for many years, always a hit! Another I often bring is a spinach dip bread bowl...but thats pretty common...

Bourbon Chicken

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that a pot luck/potluck/covered-dish lunch/dinner/supper is an "event" and there are no specific recipes. A potluck dish is whatever you decide to make to take to the event. You can find a cornucopia of appropriate recipes in our various forums - broken down by category.

For example, if you want to take a vegetable dish, here is one of mine that nobody else seems to make: Grandma's Summer Squash Casserole

Last edited:
Also, the recipes available to you are dependent on a number of factors, such as how many people are going to be at the event, how simple/fancy you want to get, budget, season, distance to the event, cooking tools you have available to you, etc.

Not knowing these variables makes it very hard to give you specific recipes. But I'll join Michael and throw out a favorite at pot lucks I've been to.

Sloppy Joe's (an exerpt from one of my cookbooks);

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Also, the recipes available to you are dependent on a number of factors, such as how many people are going to be at the event, how simple/fancy you want to get, budget, season, distance to the event, cooking tools you have available to you, etc.

Not knowing these variables makes it very hard to give you specific recipes. But I'll join Michael and throw out a favorite at pot lucks I've been to.

Sloppy Joe's (an exerpt from one of my cookbooks);

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

splenda has a brown sugar sub. available. it is in my super market. used before and couple days ago made muffins using it. turned out great
:chef:

Michael, I make a summer squash casserole much like yours, but mine calls for sour cream rather than milk or cream. I've never tried it with bread crumbs, but did try it once with part stuffing when I didn't have enough Ritz crackers. Everyone loved it like that too.

The problem is that a pot luck/potluck/covered-dish lunch/dinner/supper is an "event" and there are no specific recipes. A potluck dish is whatever you decide to make to take to the event. You can find a cornucopia of appropriate recipes in our various forums - broken down by category.

No, the problem is that our pot lucks are not events and because it is the same people we end up with the same few dishes over and over. That is why I was looking for some fresh ideas and recipes that others have found to be very successful for pot lucks.

Qsis

Thanks for the link this is what I was hoping to find. I have saved a few of the ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom