Twitter anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
So i looked into twitter because it was all the rage. deleted it once, restored it after a few friends whined. but now, i am finding lots of new foodie friends on there yippee! Here is my link if u have a twitter and want to follow me, and then i can follow u! :chef:

Twitter / utopia7697

Anyone on Twitter?

I started using Twitter because my hubby started using it for work, I started following him and then I discovered other interests, people, etc that I wanted to follow. I am a twitter newbie. I rarely make a tweet. :rolleyes:

I joined it recently and I want off already. The first person that ask to follow me was from some sort of XXX site. I'm going by first impressions on this one and blocking everyone.

I am on it and I LOVE it. I communicate with my daughter and friends on there, and I follow a wide variety of people. Most of the people who have asked to follow me are friends, and some follow me because I have similar interests to them. I can block anyone I don't want following me.

I actually joined because of a woman I saw on Good Morning America. She said that a lot of people are finding jobs through people they talk to on Twitter and Facebook. I started following her, and I sent her a message asking about legitimate online jobs that you can do from home. She sent me a couple sites, and I joined them.

There are definitely a lot of weird people on there, but I mostly keep it on my home page, so I only see the people I follow. My husband has found lots of people involved in CAD, which is the kind of job he is looking for.

I love how instant it is. In fact, I read that when Lance Armstrong (cyclist) had his bad accident last month, he sent a message to Twitter about it, and the world knew about it before he got to the hospital and the news media found out about it. A lot of celebrities like it because they can squelch some rumors before they have a chance to spread.

:)Barbara

I joined a while ago, but did not realize I had. then just this week I got a request from my uncle to follow me so all of a sudden I realized I had an account. I have just started posting tweets this week. I am still not sure if I have a need for this yet, but I will give it some time and see what I think.

I joined last week just to see what it was all about. Someone with commercial interests immediately asked to follow me. Then the next day - coincidence or no? - I started getting hundreds of alerts and urgent pop ups about viruses and security. Got that fixed, but it was really annoying. I still don't "get" Twitter. Maybe I'm too old but I really don't care to follow anyone's minute by minute musings. I cancelled my account the day after I signed up.

I am following some diet/healthy eating bloggers on Twitter and I plan to use it to help me look for another job, when the time comes. My hubby is up for a transfer to TX later this year and I dread the thought of leaving my good job and going into this crappy job market. I don't get the whole Twitter thing, but I think it could be very useful, so I'll stick with it.

I just got on twitter. I still don't completely understand it, but I am going to give it a try for now.

Hey Shannon, finding foodie friends on there would be great. I am following you now. I am foodaholic8 on twitter. Nice to meet you!

Since my one son is out of work that is all he does is either Twitter or Face book. don't you think this is one way of wasting time? He never goes to bed at regular time. I feel guilty when I post on this site. I do need personal help sometimes and that is why I ask insane questions. Not everyone is normal.

Since my one son is out of work that is all he does is either Twitter or Face book. don't you think this is one way of wasting time? He never goes to bed at regular time. I feel guilty when I post on this site. I do need personal help sometimes and that is why I ask insane questions. Not everyone is normal.
It can be addictive, but it can also help when looking for a job, or other things. James has applied for a couple jobs he found there by following a CAD job site. I can't list the things I am selling on ebay here at DC, but I can post the links to them at Twitter and Facebook, so it helps get them more exposure. So while it can be a waste of time, it can also help with networking. I almost forgot, I got a part time (just a couple months) job through a connection on Twitter (at Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmers, Web Designers from India, Russia, USA, and more - oDesk). It won't be big money, but it could lead to something else. Job searching is what brought me to Twitter in the first place.

Has your son been looking for another job? (You don't have to answer that.). Maybe he could start using his hobby to help find a new job.

:)Barbara

Thanks for sharing the info about Twitter. I am so ignorant about the computer. Seems to be taking control of everyone's life. Every place it seems need computer. Kind of scary but at same time convenient. Guess they said the same thing about automobile.

My son has been out of work since August. He worked for Monsanto of all places for more than 10 years. While he was on vacation, his boss called him in to a urgent meeting. That is when they told him his job was being eliminated. He had to return to work so that he could send all his projects to his boss. He was computer programmer. Everyone seems to be in that field. So now here he stays trying to find a job comparable to one he had before. Many of his friends are having same problem. Just seems like a trickle down affect. So stressful and at same time makes one feel worthless.

All this may get deleted or placed somewhere else because of not talking about Twitter. I just didn't know what he does when he is on computer so long. I wouldn't want something to happen that would harm anything.

Worry, worry, worry and more worry. Have to call on 'inner strength' all the time.

Thanks again for sharing. If you aren't worried than I know this makes me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom