French Frisee Egg & Bacon Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
I have a recipe somewhere for a nice little French bistro-type salad of frisee lettuce topped with bacon pieces, a poached or fried egg, & dressing. So now that I've just found a cute little mini-head of baby frisee, do you think I can find the darn recipe?

Anyone here know what I'm talking about?

Thank you so much!!!! :)
I particularly liked the fact that with the authentic name for the recipe I got single-serving recipes since husband wouldn't be a fan.

Again - many thanks, from both me & my cute little baby head of frisee - lol! :chef:

I actually had a Lyonnaise Salad in Lyon a few years back so your query brought back a nice memory. Now if I just had some frisee and bacon I could make one for myself! I doubt if I can find frisee here in Mexico but next time I go to the supermarket I will look for it. Happy eating!

Wow, that sounds GREAT, Breezy! What a different kind of salad!

What do you serve with it, if anything?

Lee

Well, from what I've read, it's often served as just a starter in French bistros, but for my taste it will make a perfect lunch in itself. :chef:

Another thanks guys for putting a name (& recipes) to this salad, which I finally got to enjoy today.

My little baby head of frisee lettuce turned out to be larger than I thought once I rinsed & fluffed it, so I ended up using just half (which is fine - have enough left for another salad!!).

Bought some nice thick-cut bacon & cooked up a couple of nice strips to my usual favorite "cooked but still limp" consistency, & diced it up. Also minced up a clove of shallot.

Then on to egg poaching. Set a pot of water to a high simmer/low boil & buttered a small pyrex glass ramekin into which I broke my egg. Then carefully tipped the ramekin to allow some of the boiling water to enter it & lightly set the egg, & then allowed the ramekin to sink completely into the pot. Lowered the heat to a medium simmer & allowed the egg to cook on.

Plated my frisee, topped with my bacon & shallots, crowned it all with my lovely poached egg, & sprinkled with some seasoned extra-virgin olive oil & red-wine vinegar.

Ambrosia!!

I almost feel ready to deal with turkey day now - lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom