Tramontina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VitaWright

Cook
Does anyone like this cookware as much as me? They actually sell it at Wal-Mart. Several years ago I bought a stock pot with a locking strainer lid for $20 at Sam's Club. It is my favorite piece of cookware, well one of them. Anyway, it was one of those one time deals so I was really glad I got one. Just today I was looking at Amazon and the exact same model sells there for $89. I couldn't believe it!! At WM now they have Tramontina Clad cookware and I am thinking of getting another skillet. If anyone here is in the market for good quality stainless for cheap, check it out!!

Vita

I have a couple of Tramontina pieces as well. I have an 8" clad skillet and a 12-quart stock pot with a disk on the bottom and a glass lid. They both are very good and do what they designed to do without a problem.

Last edited:
I have a couple pieces of the tri-ply clad, looks and feels like All-Clad. I love it, but it is very hard to find in single pieces. Tuesday Morning is where I found mine. I have checked Wal-Mart around here but they don't carry the tri-ply clad. I didn't find it cheap, the 1.5 qt pan was around $40 and the 2 qt. over $50!

I have a 12 inch Trimontina skillet that I bought at Sam's club , don't remember how long ago, also bought a 14 inch one .

I have few of their pieces and actually yesterday i picked up 14 inch frying pan from sam's. The are pretty decent not the best, but decent.

I got a double boiler and was surprized at the quality actually.

I also got a thin cheap non-stick set when I could not make up my mind which cookware to get so I got that to hold me over. The double boiler was obviously from a much higher line.

i have two, green 6.5 qt dutch ovens by tramontina from wal-mart. i bought them when they were $39.99. now, those same items are $51.97 at wal-mart.

however, you can get the same exact dutch oven by tramontina (different color) at sam's club for $38.99!!!

i also have the 3.5 qt tramontina dutch oven that i use to cook rice and grits.

now, if wal-mart is carrying the clad line, i'll have to stop-by soon... i have NO PROBLEMS with this cookware.

I use the tramontina in the professional kitchen... there straight stainless steel is one of the few I have found that can take the commercial kitchen environment.

Love the stuff

Thanks, but those aren't quite like the ones I have. Here are a couple of not really good pictures.

img_735536_0_9c93c8a10d55d118fa5c76aea5e995d0.jpg
img_735536_1_c46c105a459629acb72f6777a41d6eaf.jpg

I have a nice, big, heavy bottomed stock pot I got from Sam's by them about 8 years ago that I love!
My favorite for making my large batches of spaghetti sauce.
:)

I purchased a Tramontina Pressure cooker, the 6 quart from QVC and I used it for months. It didn't come in with a full instruction manual. I did not know that the valve unscrewed, and I never took it out. It was made of bakelite. One day I was making potatoes, and it melted and sprayed potato all over the kitchen.

I called Tramontina and they explained how to clean the valve. Also I was releasing the pressure when the pot was hot. They suggest that you let it cool first. So, it is a bit finnicky.

I returned it to QVC and bought the 8 quart instead.

I have been taking better care of it. If I cook on LOW to LOW MEDIUM, and never release the pressure when it is hot, and remove it from the heat if I need to lower the pressure, and wash the valve every time, and wash the rubber band seal and oil the seal each time before you use it, ALL SHOULD BE WELL.

It looks beautiful. The stainless steal is well made. The bakelite and bands are the finnicky parts. I think all pressure cookers have their specific issues.

Last edited:
i can't find a wal-mart or sam's in texas or louisiana that carries the tri-ply line by tramontina.

i guess i'll have to order online.:ermm:

Dec. 7th update: i found a wal-mart that carried this line and i scored a 3 qt sauce pan and a 12" fry pan... both tri-ply and total costs was $83 with tax.

Does anyone like this cookware as much as me? They actually sell it at Wal-Mart. Several years ago I bought a stock pot with a locking strainer lid for $20 at Sam's Club. It is my favorite piece of cookware, well one of them. Anyway, it was one of those one time deals so I was really glad I got one. Just today I was looking at Amazon and the exact same model sells there for $89. I couldn't believe it!! At WM now they have Tramontina Clad cookware and I am thinking of getting another skillet. If anyone here is in the market for good quality stainless for cheap, check it out!!

Vita

I use the tramontina in the professional kitchen... there straight stainless steel is one of the few I have found that can take the commercial kitchen environment.

Love the stuff

None of the Walmart's in this area carry the tri-ply clad series. I got mine at Tuesday Morning, just by luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom