Left over Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I figure to start a thread for ideas for left over turkey. ;) I plan to make turkey noodle casserole, turkey soup, turkey salad but I don't plan to eat turkey 4 or 5 days in a row. I do have some in the freezer so I can spread the turkey meals .

I figure to start a thread for ideas for left over turkey. ;) I plan to make turkey noodle casserole, turkey soup, turkey salad but I don't plan to eat turkey 4 or 5 days in a row. I do have some in the freezer so I can spread the turkey meals .

Yep, good idea. Either make the meal and freeze it, or better yet, portion the turkey and freeze it for the meal. Even I have a hard time eating something 4-5 days in a row.

Yep, good idea. Either make the meal and freeze it, or better yet, portion the turkey and freeze it for the meal. Even I have a hard time eating something 4-5 days in a row.
Yes that is what I did, portion it for 5 meals for 2 people. The Food saver comes in handy. ;) I left some turkey in the fridge so hubby can eat when he wants.

to me nothing beats the simple turkey sandwich.... just turkey, crusty bread a a little mayo SP Lettuce and tomato.... after a day of gluttony and indulgence its the perfect antidote...its just comforting and simple. This is probably the only time in the year I will eat a turkey sandwich too as I detest turkey sandwiches at all other times (especially the sliced cold cut turkey bleh)

Oh and the word Tetrazzini brings back too many memories of my college cafeteria... although the insipid mush they served up was surely nothing like the real thing I just cant bring myself to eat anything called Tetrazzini.

I like to make turkey a la king (I usually use about 2 cups of various colors of peppers and serve it over mashed potatoes) and turkey and Havarti quiche. Had a turkey sandwich for breakfast ;) I'm going to make stock with the leftovers today, so I might make some turkey-noodle soup, too.

My mom suggested turkey tacos or burritos - toss chopped turkey with Mexican seasonings, heat with some tomato sauce and roll up in tortillas with taco toppings.

I have lots left over (by design) so a few pounds will go into the freezer, too.

Since I cooked an 18.65-pound free-range bird for just the 2 of us, I have PLENTY of leftovers to experiment with - lol!!

So far we'll be having the traditional turkey & swiss cheese with lettuce & mayo on white bread, & of course hot open-face turkey sandwiches with either melted swiss or a sprinkling of Gorgonzola. Then hubby has requested creamed turkey & veggies poured over Pepperidge Farm puff pastry patty shells (which is sort of a free-form pot pie - & much easier to make - lol). Plus there'll be white turkey chili, soup, tetrazzini &/or divan, mole with corn tortillas - the list is, luckily for me, endless.

Since I cooked an 18.65-pound free-range bird for just the 2 of us, I have PLENTY of leftovers to experiment with - lol!!

So far we'll be having the traditional turkey & swiss cheese with lettuce & mayo on white bread, & of course hot open-face turkey sandwiches with either melted swiss or a sprinkling of Gorgonzola. Then hubby has requested creamed turkey & veggies poured over Pepperidge Farm puff pastry patty shells (which is sort of a free-form pot pie - & much easier to make - lol). Plus there'll be white turkey chili, soup, tetrazzini &/or divan, mole with corn tortillas - the list is, luckily for me, endless.

I cooked a 18 plus bird too ;) for just the 2 of us. A turkey panini is good too, with Havarti cheese on ciabatta roll.

I just have to have the obligatory cold turkey sandwich with mayo on plain ole white bread, and then a big ole pot of GUMBO!!!

I'm weird - I could eat turkey for a whole week straight and not get tired of it!
However, the family's different - so a few dishes we're having are:
turkey/root veggie/noodle soup
turkey pie (2-crust type made with a cream cheese base)
turkey quesadillas with jalapenos, pepper jack & avocados

Mine was a 22 pounder, I cooked a 16 2 weeks ago, and I've got another 22 and a 21 in the freezer. yum! (not only are they tasty, I think I spent around $30 for all 4.

I'm weird - I could eat turkey for a whole week straight and not get tired of it!
However, the family's different - so a few dishes we're having are:
turkey/root veggie/noodle soup
turkey pie (2-crust type made with a cream cheese base)
turkey quesadillas with jalapenos, pepper jack & avocados

Mine was a 22 pounder, I cooked a 16 2 weeks ago, and I've got another 22 and a 21 in the freezer. yum! (not only are they tasty, I think I spent around $30 for all 4.

do you have a separate freezer ? I used to til it burned out about 10 yrs ago and hubby refuse to buy another one. :mad:

We have very little left. There is an older gentleman and his son across the street. Their mom / wife passed a few years ago. Thay havre no family close. We took them a meal. It fealt very good.

AC

Sent it to me!!!!
What I wouldn't give for a turkey sandwich right now.
No leftovers, the big day was at my MIL's and she kept it all for another gathering tomorrow. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom