Caramel Apple Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
This is just the thing when you can't choose among several desserts to make, but you know you are only going to make ONE.

For Thanksgiving, I wanted some sort of traditonal pie and my brother wanted a cheesecake. Wa-la! We were both happy!

Paula's recipe is stupid-easy, so that's the one I used :) Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

(Bobby Flay's looks great, too, if you want to spend a LOT more time on it.)

My store had a run on regular pecans and were out of them, so I used a package of glazed pecans (hey, what's a little more sugar at this point?)

This dessert is absolutely delicious and took no time at all to make.

Update: Hmmm, they took the recipe out of the link I posted!

Okay, here is an edited version, so I don't violate copyrights.

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup caramel topping
12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Reserve 3/4 cup of the apple filling; set aside. Spoon the remaining filling into the crust.

Beat together until smooth, the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling.

Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature.

If your caramel topping is pourable right from the jar, mix 1/2 cup of it with the remaining 3/4 cup of apple pie filling (if it is not pourable, microwave the topping a bit) .Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake.

Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.

Lee

OOOOHHHHH MY GAWDNESS.

img_734810_0_cf8d1b8a1ca1a8b0597f7d83acfaffbb.jpg

I swear, if I wasn't so tired and SO full I would be making this tonight!!

Back
Top Bottom