Marianne & Jim, Day 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
Mom just called from the airport. I mentioned she was concerned with the new price regulations regarding checked luggage. Can't say I blame her. Didn't they impose those fees to help the airline (poorpoorairline) because the price of fuel was so high?

Apparently, Mom, squeaky wheel that she can be...got the curbside check in guy to let them try to bring two normal size suitcases to the airplane like carry on luggage. You know, for a small woman, she's got brass ones. Now, she's not sure if she can convince the flight attendants to let them bring on the luggage, but, if she cannot, the cases will be put in with the oversize carry ons. This way...and you cannot tell me she's not a clever monkey...this way, when the plane lands, they'll be handed their luggage and they avoid the thirty dollar fee and the luggage carousel.

My sister called. She wanted to thank me for giving her 11 days of breathing room. I've been instructed to hide my mother's cell phone. That shouldn't be too difficult. I recently discovered that my mother has no idea how to retrieve her cell phone messages. Time and time again I'd call, leaving messages when she wouldn't answer. She'd call back later, asking why I called. When I asked why she didn't just listen to her message, etc etc... She finally admitted a few months ago that she didn't know how to. So, every message I ever left her is now floating out in Verizon ether.

Excuse me, I have a pie to bake.

I can picture it, too.:ROFLMAO: She'll give the security guards a run for their money too, if they question her 3oz liquids as well.

Just a thought for when they leave, which seems like something near and dear to your heart. She could sent the suitcases UPS and avoid all that. Of course, free is better.

I think our mothers must have been related somewhere along the line. Mine's been gone a long time now, but she was a tiny lady with a big presence!

I have been looking forward to this for weeks! (and I know I'm not the only one!)

VB, thanks for letting us be a part of this - Merry Christmas to me!!:clap:

Just a thought for when they leave, which seems like something near and dear to your heart. She could sent the suitcases UPS and avoid all that. Of course, free is better.

We thought of that, but thought UPS would be too much. I'm sure her cases weigh the full 50#

Here's hoping you don't have to bail her out!

Ha! When I was 13, I broke open a bag of raked leaves all over the street. It was cabbage night, (Oct. 30) so mischief was the way to go....cops came and dragged me and my younger sister into the police station. She had to bite the inside of her cheeks to keep from laughing as she bailed us out. I guess I owe her one, yes?

... And let the games begin....!

Thanks in advance for all the up coming giggles Vera!

Houston, The Eagle Has Landed

So, I made it to Newark airport no problem. Found a place to park and proceeded to get 3 calls from my mother's cell phone. My mother didn't actually speak, but I know her ring. Finally, I got into the airport and told them where to find me. Finding me only took another 3 phone calls. I did get one voicemail from her, as well, during that time. The message consisted of her speaking to a skycap for 3 minutes about where I was waiting. She never actually spoke in the phone, I assume she forgot she called me.

Finally, I see some young dude pulling my mom's suitcase, while my dad managed the others. Remarkably, we made it home in one piece. They are out taking a walk now, but not before she gave me a couple of hard boiled eggs she had left from the trip. I asked her if she planned to peel those eggs on the plane, wondering if I should check her medication if she responded in the positive. "oh no" she said, "they were for while we were waiting to board":wacko: So, her plan was to peel them at the gate. In the airport. Peeling hard boiled eggs. Who are these people??

Short ribs coming along nicely. Corn bread croutons in the oven.

Till the 16th....11 days.:turned:

They are crackin' me up. My father just told her he'd never marry her again.

At the very least, Vera is truly blessed with a wonderful sense of the humor in life, as well as the ability to express it so well!

What did your mother say when your father said he'd never marry her again?

Tell Marianne and Jim we DC'ers said "Hi and have fun!" Do they know that they are entertaining us? LOL!

Can you post a picture of them?

Lee

Vera.
if you were to write a short story about these two, you'd be a winner..I love your stories and wish I had your ability to entertain...You've brightened my day let me tell you..I've been so blasted ill that I can hardly stand it. But reading these adventures has made me smile and laugh and boy does it feel good. Thank you
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom