Help with Incomplete recipe please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
I asked a neighbor for a recipe of some bars she made me when we moved to the neighborhood and she wrote it down right away and brought it over with even one of the ingredients for it!! But after she left and I took a look at it I realized she left ALOT out.....:ermm:

Can someone maybe please help me fill in the blanks or give a recipe if you recognise it?

It is a cherry and peanut bar, I had remembered it to be with rice crispies but the recipe she just gave said rice CHEX cereal....I might have been wrong....but here is the recipe as she wrote it down.

6 cups rice chex
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup candied cherries cut in half

Mix ingredients and pour into 9x11 greased cake pan.

In sauce pan bring sugar and syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter.

Pour over dry ingredients and press with buttered hands. Allow to cool, cut into squares.

And thats all she wrote! My questions....how much sugar? What kind of syrup and how much? How much peanut butter?

I know I can just ask her but its snowing pretty good out and I would have to bundle and drag my DD over with me....:huh:

This recipe look at all familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

MAybe you can do it like this one.Cooks.com - Recipe - Rice Krispies Scotch-A-Roos
Just use the same amount of syrup, sugar and peanut butter. Couldn't hurt.

Thanks, I also found a similar one in an old Best Of Back of boxes, Bottle ect cookbook I have...

So I guess the recipe I'll try is....

6 cups rice chex or rice crispies
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup candied cherries (red and green mixture) cut in half
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter

Mix first 3 ingredients and pour into 9x11 greased cake pan.

In sauce pan bring sugar and syrup to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter.

Pour over dry ingredients and press with buttered hands. Allow to cool, cut into squares.

Now what shall we call them??? :chef:

Back
Top Bottom