Shortbread Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharonetti

Assistant Cook
I have a Canadian friend staying with me and she wants to make her shortbread cookies that she found the recipe for on the cornstarch box. She said she doesn't remember any flour in it, just sugar, cornstarch and butter, etc., but I haven't found a recipe yet that had no flour in it.

If anyone has a recipe that is similar...I certainly would appreciate a copy of it!:chef: Thanks!

Sharon, I Googled "shortbread cookies cornstarch box" and found this in someone's blog. I couldn't post the link, for some reason, but you might want to try the same search.

Lee

Here's the blog entry:

I make these shortbread cookies every year for Scott and my boss. I wish I could tell you some heart warming story about how my Grandmother and I used to make these together and this is the recipe she made with her mother; but no. It's from the back of the Canada brand cornstarch box.

Shortbread

from the Canada Cornstarch box

Makes about 24 cookies

1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup soft butter

Sift together the cornstarch, icing sugar and flour. Blend in butter until a soft smooth dough forms. Shape into 1" balls and chill 30 -60 minutes. Place 1 1/2" apart on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a floured fork. Bake 300' for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool.

Dang you guys are fast. I was just searching for my cornstarch box to give you the recipe. LOL.

I am Canadian, and the shortbread cookies using cornstarch was a recipe my mom used, she is no longer with us now, but it is the one I use every Christmas. I flatten mine with a fork, to get the imprint in there and top with candied green and red cherries to be more festive.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom