I just lost my job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
I showed up for work on friday and i have been asking for some time off the last couple of weeks to go to a certifacation class to get my Ethical hacking cert. well after the third or fourth time asking him for time off he told me to come into his office to talk and he said i have to lay you off!!

So now i owe 1600$ for school and all my other bills. holly crap LOLOLOL i got laid off.

The crappy thing is i have to get my data off my Hardrives at work monday and i have 80GB of files and text files for school and future work. Win xp at home wont allow me to view the drive because disk managment says its a dynamic disk and its foriegn. if i try to switch it to basic it says it will delete all data.

So i am man down.

at least i have time off now. I was going to quite in january or febuary but no one knew it..

Sometimes things like that can be a blessing in disguise.....
I hope it is for you...
Hey! YOu don't have to work Christmas Eve!
There ya go!
:)

Sometimes things like that can be a blessing in disguise.....
I hope it is for you...
Hey! YOu don't have to work Christmas Eve!
There ya go!
:)
i am kind of glad cuz now i can go to school full time. I started to hate that job because they started a petition to get rid of me. luckily it was only 3 people out of 60 who wanted to get rid of me. the other 57 love me.

Any way. as soon as i am done with this class december 19th. i should be able to hack there network and get what i need!!

EDIT
IM TOTALLY Joking about the hacking part. Im not that dumb... yet

Any data on an employer's drives is the property of the employer, regardless of what it is or how it got there. Too many people put personal data on their employer's computers, and then wonder why they are denied retrieval access following termination of their employment. The employer needs to protect their systems from disgruntled employees who have quit or otherwise been released. Don't be surprised if you can't gain access come Monday morning. Also, what you propose to do after the 19th is NOT ethical. Tread lightly, as what you propose is also ILLEGAL.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

I'm sorry it happened the way it did, but, you have your time off now. Use it to find a better job.

Any data on an employer's drives is the property of the employer, regardless of what it is or how it got there. Too many people put personal data on their employer's computers, and then wonder why they are denied retrieval access following termination of their employment. The employer needs to protect their systems from disgruntled employees who have quit or otherwise been released. Don't be surprised if you can't gain access come Monday morning. Also, what you propose to do after the 19th is NOT ethical. Tread lightly, as what you propose is also ILLEGAL.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

LOL i know. i have signed papers about that very purpose. I owned the drives in the PC. I spent my own money for them. I was the senior tech engineer there for the IT department. Well besides my supervisor being over me. I just finished building there new infrastructure as well. My firewall kicks butt that i built them. Smoothwall for the win!!

My boss said that i will be able to pull data off of the drives. we were pretty casual with that rule at our work place. It was all of my R and D project notes for them that i need for future reference. Waterproof Access Points, firewalls, NAS systems and antennas. All that good stuff is on these drives. Oh and if any one wants the information and project tutorials let me know. I will have a sftp server up that has all my books and projects on it.

Sorry to hear that you got laid off, but as suzi mentioned, it could be a blessing in disguise. I hope things will work out for the better!

Cool, LT. I'm glad you got the time off that you were going to take anyway without letting them know. No time like the present!

I showed up for work on friday and i have been asking for some time off the last couple of weeks to go to a certifacation class to get my Ethical hacking cert. well after the third or fourth time asking him for time off he told me to come into his office to talk and he said i have to lay you off!!

\.

/Sorry you lost your job, but as a former retail business owner (7 to be exact) I can tell you that the first employees to go were the ones who were always asking for time off. I hope when you land your next job you make yourself undispensable, you might stay longer. Springing the news on your employer that you were leaving without notice is not a good way to get references.

And don't even JOKE about the hacking thing.

LT it sucks... been hearing alot of this lately... I was laid off in late July and did not find a new job until October. A year ago I had recruiters competing for me and cometitive offers from multiple firms this time it was hard to find a job even with 2 grad degrees and a good resume/portfolio. I took small pay cut as well as added a commute with gas and tolls etc. Still I am happy because I love my new job and HATED the old one so at least I am not stuck there in a bad economy. Hang in there and move foward . It sounds like you did not love the job so hopefully the setback turns into an opportunity.

Sorry you got laid off, but hey now you have the time off you wanted. Good luck in looking for a new job if thats what your going to do

You'll land on your feet! It was a layoff that pushed me into college full time, and eventually graduate school.

So now i owe 1600$ for school and all my other bills. holly crap LOLOLOL i got laid off.

The crappy thing is i have to get my data off my Hardrives at work monday and i have 80GB of files and text files for school and future work. Win xp at home wont allow me to view the drive because disk managment says its a dynamic disk and its foriegn. if i try to switch it to basic it says it will delete all data.

So i am man down.

at least i have time off now. I was going to quite in january or febuary but no one knew it..

LT===
I monitor a Forum Smart Computing and found some information on dynamic disk.
I don't understand any thing about them but I have post that I will send you a PM
You can browse the site but not respond or post until you become a member.

Charlie

Well that stinks (especially about the hard drive, hope you can get that sorted out), but hopefully you will find yourself moving on to bigger and better things soon.
Good luck!

lt, make sure that any money that you spent on books or classes, or any type of education that you use for your career gets deducted on your taxes. that includes driving and parking expenses to/from any school, clothing, the cost of those drives, and costs for and depreciation of computers used for your job or education.

good luck, man. i'm sure you'll find something else.

competent techies are never out of work too long.

Back
Top Bottom