Can I freeze the Pepperidge Farm Party Rolls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
I know I would freeze them before baking - but will they be ok? I guess then just thaw first, or cook frozen?

I'm clueless when it comes to freezing stuff.

(I just froze some tomato paste in an ice cube tray - is that ok?)

I think you'll be safe freezing the rolls. Make sure the rolls are completely thawed before baking otherwise you might end up with a nice crispy golden brown outside but a cold doughy inside! As for the tomato paste, I think you'll be safe there too, but not 100% sure! I know for a fact that in the past I've seen cooking tips that involved freezing concentrated broth in ice cube trays, for what reason I'm stilling struggling to remember. When I remember, I'll post it! :)

DC - I guess I didn't make myself clear - the party rolls were going to me already made - like with the ham, swiss cheese, melted butter, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds slathered on - NOW, what do you think??

You didn't ask me, but I'm gonna chime in anyway, eflie. Unless you wrap them really really well, I think the onion is gonna thaw out rather wierdly (onions are full of water that crystallizes when frozen, etc.). I have the same fear for the butter, but someone with more knowledge than me should jump in with more science and details.

If the rolls are already "made", I think the closer to room temp they get before serving the better they will taste. Afraid the rolls may get soggy with all that stuff on them, tho.

I think that if you have any leftovers, send them to my place! Sounds really good! Mudbug's probably right about the sogginess factor and I would also defer to an expert. Would it be possible to add the onions, butter and mustard to the rolls after they're thawed?

I don't think that would be a problem at all to add afterwards - thanks everyone!!! I bought too much stuff (thought she said I needed to cook for 150 - but somehow that turned into 50-75 - so I've got some freezing to do!! lol - But what I have extra of right now are just the rolls, ham, and swiss cheese. So freeze away I will do.

Thanks guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom