Need a simple casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alx26

Cook
gonna try to make my first casserole on wednesday need some kind of simple recipe to get me started. I was thinkning of some kind of pasta bake, maybe cheese and tomatoe maybe.

Will greatly appreciate some tips, and good simple recipes.....:chef:

something classic :angel:

Here's something my 13 year old loves to make:

Christopher's Baked Macaroni

1 lb. ground beef
1 box (1 pound) elbow macaroni, or cellentani
1 Tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 jars marinara sacue
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350º.
Cook pasta to manufacturer's directions. Drain, set aside. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in another pan & drain well. Add oregano, garlic powder salt & pepper and mix well. Set aside.
Using a rectangular pan (he uses a pyrex one- 9x15 or so, I think), put just enough marinara on the bottom to cover in a very thin layer. Top with 1/3 of the pasta. Top with 1/3 marinara & 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat twice. Cover with foil and bake about 45 minutes, or till it's bubbly. Then, remove the foil and bake another 5-8 minutes till the cheese gets a little golden on top.
Serve in squares, along with a green salad and french bread.

noodles,
mushroom soup
tunafish
mushrooms
mix all together and bake

easy easy easy!!

I know u mentioned pasta and tomatoes, but my daughters fav is 1 lb ground beef and few stalks celery, diced, browned and cooked, add can cream celery soup + half cup milk or sour cream to cooked and cooled beef/celery mix, top with tater tots and cook according to tater tot directions. add shredded cheese last 5 minutes. :chef:

1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 jars marinara sacue

Preheat oven to 350º.
Cook pasta to manufacturer's directions. Drain, set aside. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in another pan & drain well. Add oregano, garlic powder salt & pepper and mix well. Set aside.
Using a rectangular pan (he uses a pyrex one- 9x15 or so, I think), put just enough marinara on the bottom to cover in a very thin layer. Top with 1/3 of the pasta. Top with 1/3 marinara & 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat twice. Cover with foil and bake about 45 minutes, or till it's bubbly. Then, remove the foil and bake another 5-8 minutes till the cheese gets a little golden on top.

I'm going to try and make thi tommorow. But I'm not sure what to buy.

I'm from UK and I'm not sure whether it is called marinara sauce over here(I google it and wikipedia said its an american name:neutral:)

Also for mozarella, I presume you ment 1 cup. BUt how much roughly is that in kg? I guess its not a lot.

Cheers for the recipe anyway, will try tommorow...:chef:

Mmmm, that sounds good. I make something like this and use Italian sausage instead of ground beef and add a little red wine to the red sauce. Thanks for sharing!

oh! sorry - didn't realize you were in the UK!
A cup of mozzerella is roughly a rounded handful - you can go light or heavy, depending on how much you love cheese :)

As for the marinara, it's tomato-based spaghetti sauce without any meat. The stores here sell it in 20 oz. sized jars. (so it would be a total of 2½ pints, for the two jars in the recipe)

As for the 350º oven, use gas mark 4 ( 180 c)

Here are a couple of helpful sites for American/UK equivalency charts:

TAFN Welcomes you to Sue's Kitchen! Page 2, Measurement Conversion Lists.
British and North American Cooking Term Equivalents - A Culinary Glossary from A to Z on The Worldwide Gourmet

1 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 jars marinara sacue

Preheat oven to 350º.
Just made it

Pretty much exactly what I was looking for taste wise.

Really nice, thanks a lot for the recipe :)

Back
Top Bottom