I've lost count....Marianne & Jim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I have no idea how long they've been here. Feels like a month already. I got home about 5:15. I heard the somewhat unfamiliar hum of the vacuum cleaner rising from the subterranean portion of the house. My dad, the one who would prefer to move windows from one wall to the other, slide the garage from the left side of the house to the right, move a fireplace from the living room to the family room, change the direction of the mississippi, alter the moon's orbit around the earth...is cleaning again. The really sad thing is that I didn't think the basement was all that neglected.:blush:. He's been cleaning down there for over an hour. Honestly, what does that tell you?? I may know where the peeler is, but I'll bet you a hundred bucks I won't be able to find my washing machine tomorrow. Just wait, you'll see.

I had random cut chicken breasts that I wanted to make into cutlets for dinner. Then I got a job and left them festering in the refrigertor. Marianne said she'd bread them for me. A random breast, in professional terms is any chicken breast, usually joined in the middle, a bit of rib meat, and can be any size at all. One package can contain a breast that weighs 14 ounces and another that only weighs 8 ounces. Most people cut them down to similar sizes, usually butterflying them so they are thin enough to cook quickly. Well, Marianne cut them alright....but there isn't a one of them that is actually butterflied. In fact, one of them actually looks like Louisianna:wacko:. What terrifying knife skills, indeed.

I'm having a glass of wine. Middle of the week and I'm drinking wine. My skin is so itchy. All I want to do is lie on the sofa and watch House reruns.

Isn't Hugh just a cutie pie! lol!! Drink up and be happy!!! ( I think you're on day six!)

Once again I am happy my parents dont visit... they expect me to come to them and i hope to keep it that way.... Mom is threatening to come down after x-mas.... I hope once again she is too busy... Mom doesn't visit because she cant bare to see how her kids live (not everyone can work fiull time keep their house anticeptic and cook a four course meal everynight) Dad doesn't visit because I dont have a guest room and he's too cheap for a hotel.... reminder to NEVER finish the renovations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom