Dinner, Thursday, Dec 11th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Yea.... it's Thursday!!!

I don't have a clue what I am having yet... but I know you guys have already got plans so tell me about em!!! ;)

My potato-kale-kielbasa-leek soup was fabulous yesterday, so I want something that isn't so wet today. I'm thinking about five-spice tilapia with green onion and ginger frizzles.

I'm going to cook up two chicken fried steaks, one for tonight and one for Saturday's lunch. Probably with mashed potatoes and something green.

Yesterday ended up being spaghetti because I was in "lazy" mode. Hmm...seem to be having a lot of those lately! LOL. Today will likely be clean out the fridge day as there seem to be leftovers piling up.

Not really sure. We were supposed to be on our way to Mississippi at 3 this afternoon. Our flight has been delayed until 6pm because of ice storms there. It will probably be airport food.

Barb

I have some ham I need to use. I'm not quite sure what to do with it....? Maybe make a ham and cheese quiche....with a spinach salad

?? I'm going to go brave the freezer soon...
Something warm and comfy! The cold spell is supposed to hit tonight.

I found some frozen chili. So I grabbed it.

We may or not be having company tomorrow night and I have some serious house cleaning to do today incase they
do come.... Don't think I'll have time to go to the store and buy new stuff for dinner.

I've got 2 grilled chicken breasts in the fridge, leftover from the other night. Hubby was thinking he wanted to make a big ol' grilled chicken salad so he will have to make a trip to the grocery for lettuce. I have cheese, tomatoes, onions, and salsa. Maybe some avocado would be nice in it too.

We will perhaps have tortilla chips with that or maybe a grilled cheese quesadilla on the side.

I'm not too crazy about main-dish salads when its cold outside but he's a real rabbit - likes his greens every day. Its just in the low 40s and still some snow on the ground. Brrr.

I think it will be pasta/white clam sauce, green salad and a freshly baked baguette to sop up all that yummy sauce! :)

img_743230_0_db08c73bf37ec87edc8020a734628a18.jpg

Last edited:
I think I might dice up an onion, carmelize the pieces, and mix them in with my mashed potatoes. I'm dying to try out the new edge I put on my knife last night and dicing up an onion seems like the best test. I think that should taste OK, right? Or maybe I'll dice up an onion and a couple potatoes and fry them. That should still be good with gravy on it. I need to cut something.

Yep! Can't go wrong with fried taters.
And I get to do more cutting ;^) I'm going to try that potato block dicing, where you turn the spud into a brick/block shape first and keep everything together as you dice it up. Thanks :^)

Ziti with spaghetti sauce and a side salad and garlic bread.

Edit, change in plans, I just got a call from a friend that got a good deal on sea scallops, so I will have a few raw while I pan sear the rest, and have some oven roasted potatoes and a salad.

Back
Top Bottom