Stir Fried Chili Garlic Duck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
When I roast a duck for us, I always quarter it rather than carving & we normally enjoy a quarter apiece for Meal #1, & then the remaining 2 quarters a couple of days later. This time I decided to try something different, & it came out so good that I can't wait to roast my next duck & make it again!!

Be warned that this comes out QUITE SPICY. If you're not into really spicy food, you may want to back off a little on the chili garlic sauce - you can always add more during the final "heat through" if you want.

Stir-Fried Chili Garlic Duck
(adapted from Eating Well magazine)

One to 3 cups leftover roast duck, skin included, shredded or cut into small bite-size pieces
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
2 tablespoons (or approx. a 2” piece) fresh ginger, peeled & grated or minced
Approx. 3 cups small broccoli florets
2-3 stalks of bok choy, sliced
Approx. 3-4 oz. (half of a container) of fresh shitake mushrooms, stemmed & sliced
Approx. 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Asian chili garlic sauce
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or “sushi” vinegar)

Thoroughly combine chili garlic sauce, water, dry sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, & rice vinegar in a small bowl & set aside.

Heat oil in a wok or large skillet until shimmering hot, but not smoking. Add broccoli & bok choy, stirring & tossing constantly until color is bright & vegetables are just starting to tender. Add garlic, ginger, & mushrooms & continue stirfrying for a couple of minutes. Give sauce ingredients a brief stir before adding to the hot pan, along with the duck. Continue cooking until everything is heated through. Serve over Jasmine rice with an eggroll on the side if desired.

Makes approximately 3 servings; 4 or more if served with other dishes.

Gee sounds great. I have all the ingredients...except the leftover duck. :(

Back
Top Bottom