Keeping hard candy hot while pouring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtaubman

Assistant Cook
Hey Everyone,
I made my first batch of lollipops last week and it was a lot of fun. However, at least half of the sugar ended up cooling in the measuring cup I was pouring from. I've since ordered a candy funnel.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips for keeping the candy hot. Do I keep some of it heated on the stove and only pour small amounts into the funnel? Or can I heat the funnel somehow?

Thanks!
gabe

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to do ""Pulled sugar"" and we use very old coil heaters to keep the candy warm so we could pull it. I would think a modern space heater might work on the high side
Just an idea.

Gabe, make sure your measuring cup is hot/heated before pouring in your candy. Pouring into a cold/room temp measure can easily drop the temp of the candy anywhere upwards to 20 degrees, which results in what you are experiencing. You can heat the measuring cup by filling it with hot tap water or boiling water and allow this to sit for several minutes, toss the water, and the heat should also dry the cup of any residual water. If not, work fast and wipe dry with a paper towel before adding your hot candy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom