Ruined fudge!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As there is more liquid in this fudge recipe, you have to cook it a bit longer without risking its being burnt.

Another way to concentrate the kahlua to a syrupy consistence--and then add it to the marshmallow fluff. That way, you avoid having to cook the fudge longer.

Or you can use a taller saucepan.

I don't know. one thing, it never got to 234. the stuff started popping like crazy and I am gun shy on that as I received 3rd degree burn 2 years ago from fudge, still have the scar.

PS, how could I incorporate the Kahlua into "our" regular recipe??

Well... being me...( and I never ever follow a recipe) I'd just add 1/4 cup kahlua to your recipe...

I"m not sure what your recipe is...but I'd add it when I added the other wet ingreds.

( I don't make fugde..so... don't trust my answer...lol)

ummmmm... does the "batter" taste ok? Could you put it in a larger pan as Susan said and reheat it?

Or..could you just stick it in the fridge as is?

OR... be piggy like me and just sit down and lick the spoon and then..lick the spoon again and again

No cake. DH can't eat cake. I guess it's trash!! I can't believe this. Could I heat it again and add more chocolate chips and fix it that way??

Sorry ... I hate when things don't work like they should! I'm with Katie, put it in a container in the fridge and use over ice cream. Or, bake brownies and pour over the top.

just make sure you store it in a shallow container in case it decides to change into fudge later!! :LOL: You don't want a jar of fudge!

just make sure you store it in a shallow container in case it decides to change into fudge later!! :LOL: You don't want a jar of fudge!

Actually, it did just that!!!:mrgreen: I put it in the fidge while I laid down for hour, been up since 5 this morning, for some reason. Well, it hardened, lol
Now, I have a piece sitting out to see if it stays that way after getting to a completely cooled state or if it goes too soft again:LOL: hopefully, it will stay solid. This fudge was a part of my gifts that I am putting together for the people in my department.

Try this one, but use kahlua instead of vanilla extract. I'd go up to a 1/2 cup, but expect it to be smooshy and to set in the fridge.

thanks Alix.

This one went mush after 45 minutes. I will have to figure out a way to get it to work and get the container on ice somehow. I'm NOT going to waste it!!

Back
Top Bottom