Hi from Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TessaJoy

Assistant Cook
Here's my intro, but I don't know what to tell you!

I live with my husband on the French German border, just outside Strasbourg (hmmm, Alsatian food). I am an amateur cook, having read 'On Cooking' nearly from cover to cover now and practicing everything in it. During the day I work as a hydraulic engineer, though. I would love to be a real chef, but I don't think it would ever happen as it seems to involve late nights! :LOL:

I love to cook, I love to create and I think I'm great at it but I think i need to improve on perfecting timing and coordinating multiple dishes - staying organized, etc. I also love to make everything from scratch - mayonaisse, bread, etc.

Ok, i have babbled enough. I hope to partipate lots around here and learn a tonne!:)

Hello and welcome to DC!!
I am definitely interested in what Alsatian food is, the wife and I love German, Polish, Czech, and Hungarian food!
Please feel free to share any of your 'everyday' and/or family recipes with us! ;)

Buddy, one of my absolute favorite things to eat is Flammkuchen. I will definitely post a recipe and pics soon! I love German food as well and have recently become more drawn the Polish, Czech, Hungarian - lots of hidden gems in the east! I made homemade perogies the other day (sp.?) and nearly went to heaven.

Some metzgereien (sp?) have impressive displays of their wursts in their storefront windows. If you get a chance, maybe you could post a few pics of the great selection of wursts available in your area? Many of them are not readily available in the US and some that are available are very very teuer; Bindnerfleisch / Bündnerfleisch being one example.

Nice to meet you Tessajoy-welcome to DC!!

I grew up with Czech & Polish food-prepared in the "old-school" style by my Grandmother and then my Mother-looking forward to your insights!

Here's my intro, but I don't know what to tell you!

I live with my husband on the French German border, just outside Strasbourg (hmmm, Alsatian food). I am an amateur cook, having read 'On Cooking' nearly from cover to cover now and practicing everything in it. During the day I work as a hydraulic engineer, though. I would love to be a real chef, but I don't think it would ever happen as it seems to involve late nights! :LOL:

I love to cook, I love to create and I think I'm great at it but I think i need to improve on perfecting timing and coordinating multiple dishes - staying organized, etc. I also love to make everything from scratch - mayonaisse, bread, etc.

Ok, i have babbled enough. I hope to partipate lots around here and learn a tonne!:)

Timing and coordination are key.

The next step is learning to clean up behind yourself as you go.

Hello to you. I'm new, too. And, I'm finding that there's a whole lot to like about this place.

Fun site. Great comrades.

Some metzgereien (sp?) have impressive displays of their wursts in their storefront windows. If you get a chance, maybe you could post a few pics of the great selection of wursts available in your area? Many of them are not readily available in the US and some that are available are very very teuer; Bindnerfleisch / Bündnerfleisch being one example.

I think, that should be possible ;o)

Hey Tess,
herzlich willkommen at DC ;o)

Great to have someone else from Europe here again, there are few to many I feel... :ermm:

Hi, I'm new too :) I'm German (trying to learn the language currently... argh) but I don't know *any* German recipies other than dipping keilbasa (sp?) in ketchup, so I will definitely look for your posts :)

Back
Top Bottom