ISO a rich chocolate cookie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
This is to go in hand with my cherry chip thread.

I want a nice rich chocolate cookie. I haven't been very impressed with the few I've tried the last few years. I made one last year or the year before, but for the LIFE of me I don't know where I found it. :rolleyes:
(ever wonder how I get thru life when I dont seem to remember ANYTHING?)
:shock:

I will keep scouring my magazines, but if anyone has a TNT I would love to try it! :chef:

This is one I do with the kids:
Chocolate Biscuits with Soft Chocolate Centres

140g Butter
140g Sugar
255g self-raising flour
30g cocoa powder
30 squares of chocolate (milk, white or plain)
2 egg yolks

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190c/375f/gas 5
2. Grease a large baking sheet.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale-
4. Beat in the egg yolks, then add the flour and cocoa powder to make a dough.
5. Turn out and knead.
6. On a lightly floured surface, rollout about a third of the dough thinly, then cut out circles with the smaller cutter.
7. Spread them out on the baking sheet and put a square of chocolate in the middle of each one.
8. Then rollout the rest of the dough.
9. Cut out the same number of circles with the larger cutter and pop on top of the chocolate pressing gently all the way round to seal the edge and keep the chocolate in.
10. Cook in oven for 10 minutes and eat them hot or cold.

These are great! Very chocolatey, very pretty, sort of a cross between a brownie and a truffle. Use really good chocolate for best taste.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted & cooled
½ cup vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup powdered sugar

1. Mix oil, melted chocolate, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour and baking powder and mix until just combined. Transfer to plastic bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

2. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheets with parchment.

3. Roll about a teaspoonful of dough between your palms, forming a ball a little less than an inch across. Make as many balls as you will bake in one batch, then roll the balls in the powdered sugar to coat. Roll each ball between your palms again to make the sugar stick and to remove the excess. Place balls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet; do not flatten the balls. Put unused dough in refrigerator or freezer between batches.

4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

Note: Chocolate can be melted in microwave. Place in 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup and heat about 60 seconds on high, stirring to melt the last few pieces.

:pig:TNT rich chocolate cookie

Chocolate Almond Cookies Very Good

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
½ t. almond extract
½ t. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour (I use ww pastry flour)
½ cup cocoa
¼ t, baking powder
¼ t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
1-cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
additional sugar
almonds

Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating to form smooth dough. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough about 1 hour.

Heat oven to 350*. Shape dough into 1 1/8 inch balls, roll in additional sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased sheet. Place almonds on top and press to flatten dough to disc shape.

Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly. Remove from sheet to wire rack.:pig::pig:

Thanks everyone!
I'm going to bake cherry chips into them..... should be interesting!

My early retirement plan...

Ya know, I would love to find a rich chocolate cookie. Then I could eat the cookie and take her money to a tropical island!:brows::devilish:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom