Bacon and Swiss Cheese Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
This muffin recipe is from my mom. Her recipe card is well-worn, browned with age and her handwriting is now blurry. I have no idea where she got the recipe from. They are nice with a soup, salad or stew. I have even had them for breakfast with eggs.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup or 1/2 stick sweet butter, softened
2 T sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup freshly grated Swiss cheese (amazing with a good gruyère)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (grate your own, not the stuff in the green can)

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking powder (don't forget to check the expiration date)
6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled (make sure it the best you can buy--don't skimp here either)

Beat together the butter, sugar, egg, buttermilk and cheeses until blended. Stir together the flour, baqking owder and bacon and then, add all at once. Beat until dry ingredients are just moistened--what AB calls the muffin method is used here. Do not overbeat.

Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin tins and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in their center comes out clean.

Serve with lots of sweet whipped butter.

This muffin recipe is from my mom. Her recipe card is well-worn, browned with age and her handwriting is now blurry. I have no idea where she got the recipe from. They are nice with a soup, salad or stew. I have even had them for breakfast with eggs.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup or 1/2 stick sweet butter, softened
2 T sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup freshly grated Swiss cheese (amazing with a good gruyère)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (grate your own, not the stuff in the green can)

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 t baking powder (don't forget to check the expiration date)
6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled (make sure it the best you can buy--don't skimp here either)

Beat together the butter, sugar, egg, buttermilk and cheeses until blended. Stir together the flour, baqking owder and bacon and then, add all at once. Beat until dry ingredients are just moistened--what AB calls the muffin method is used here. Do not overbeat.

Divide the batter between 12 paper-lined muffin tins and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in their center comes out clean.

Serve with lots of sweet whipped butter.

These sound too good!

*green cans are sacrilegious

I like breakfast food anytime. And those muffins sound good. Does it take long to make?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom