Cranberry Salsa-Rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
To one pack of fresh cranberries add at least 2 minced serrano peppers, a small red onion,1/4 c. sugar several Tab. of raspberry or red wine vinegar 1/4c. evoo several Tab. minced cilantro 2 minced sage leaves if you like sage some salt and black pepper..Mince the berries in a F/P til fine. put into a med bowl add chilies and onion toss well. add sugar,vinegar,evoo,cilantro,and sage, toss. taste and season with salt and pepper let stand at room temp at least 30 min..Then serve with tacos or tamales and enjoy..
kadesma

Yum. Reminds me of the cherry salsa we get at the farmers market every year. That's good stuff and goes fast around here!
The only thing is I am not to crazy on cilantro, can I reduce that without affecting the taste too much or is it already not that noticeable?

Yum. Reminds me of the cherry salsa we get at the farmers market every year. That's good stuff and goes fast around here!
The only thing is I am not to crazy on cilantro, can I reduce that without affecting the taste too much or is it already not that noticeable?
I'd just leave out the cilantro and add a little parsley..My DH gag's when you say cilantro so some of this is left without for him...
kadesma:)

Cool, thanks! My first taste of Cilantro (that I am aware of, LOL) was at a French-Vietnamese restaurant the wife wanted to try. They were some sort of spring roll with lots of Cilantro in them.
I did not take a shine to em, LOL. Parsley sounds good to me!

Back
Top Bottom