Dinner Friday, Dec 19th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I got to thick slices of my vanilla bread drying out for french toast tonight. Maybe some turkey sausage... not sure yet.

So what is planned for you???

Vanilla bread? Link to recipe please? That sounds like a Christmas morning treat to me.

Supper tonight is going to be chili and buns. Its bloody cold out there and we need some comfort food to warm us.

Sure! I was not that impressed with it myself Alix, not as sweet as I would have liked for it to be, but since I suck at baking, there is a fair chance I messed it up! But I figured it would be great for french toast! Looky here!

So, does it need another hit of vanilla maybe? Or more sugar to sweeten it? I could do it just as dough in the bread maker and then bake it in the oven and sprinkle the outside with more sugar?

I did mine in the bread maker... I think the dough got a bit over worked. I used the sweet setting. I added 1/2 T of vanilla and scraped a vanilla bean. I think it could have used another hit of vanilla and more sugar. I was expecting a little sweeter treat... specially after the way it smelled when it was baking!!!! Oh MY!!!

Let is snow let is snow let it snow.....

I've got the rest of the day off (actually the joint I work at was closed but I had a ton of paper work to push around...) so I'm very excited about spending some time in my own kitchen..

Most of the afternoon will be dedicated to cookies...

I think we're drinking Glenlivet tonight with:

Wedges of cranberry saga bleu with spicy pecans

Mini vegetable fritters with warm apple compote

Tiny beef empanadas

Rum raisin goat cheese on pumpernickle toast

Raspberries and aged gouda on grilled zucchini slices

Philly Pretzels

and snow snow snow

I cant decide. The DW is on some sort of super 3 day diet, so I'm cooking for myself. I have chicken breast defrosted. I was originally going to make some sort of chicken and angelhair something or another, but I may just do a roulade of sorts and that roasted broccoli........maybe slice the roulade over angelhair.
img_749832_0_2520a2aedc1df2b632a83027c9679ac1.gif

Any other ideas?

I don't know... I think I'm going to make a giant pot of some kind of soup...

or something else easy to warm up on the stove... wind is supposed to move in so we may be
without oven or microwave for awhile....

Well, the rigatoni I had saved wasn't thawed enough for lunch, so I'll have that tonight with my crab.

I am trying out a new tourtiere recipe for Christmas dinner so that will be an early dinner tonight. But just small pieces as we are going to an appetizer party tonight and I want to be able to sample EVERYTHING!

I'm gonna bang out flat a boneless, skinless, chicken breast! Then I gonna put something---mushrooms, a little sausage maybe??? inside an roll it up...tooth pick it and pop it in the oven...
Some kind of vegetables.....

i took the day off yesterday to go see my boy's holiday show in school, then we went christmas shopping at a mall. we ended up eating at a california pizza kitchen, which wasn't too bad. my boy had pepperoni pizza, dw had pea soup and baja bites, and i had the miso seafood salad.

change of plans.... oven baked chicken and brown bread from a can, thanks to my secret santa!!

Let is snow let is snow let it snow.....

I've got the rest of the day off (actually the joint I work at was closed but I had a ton of paper work to push around...) so I'm very excited about spending some time in my own kitchen..

Most of the afternoon will be dedicated to cookies...

I think we're drinking Glenlivet tonight with:

Wedges of cranberry saga bleu with spicy pecans

Mini vegetable fritters with warm apple compote

Tiny beef empanadas

Rum raisin goat cheese on pumpernickle toast

Raspberries and aged gouda on grilled zucchini slices

Philly Pretzels

and snow snow snow
Umm-Your menu has motivated me Vera!! Tonite, I think we're drinking Corona and feasting on grilled cheese!! :LOL:

Hmmm-sounds kind of labor-intensive......maybe Corona and order Pizza!!

Grilled cheese sounds like a plan here too but perhaps with a nice white wine. Snowing like crazy here so no ordering out.

Company Christmas party at Biaggi's Italian Restaurant...

Biaggis

Starting off with:

Crab and Lobster Al Forno 8.99A rich and creamy blend of crab and lobster baked with spinach, artichoke and mascarpone cheese. Served with herbed flat bread for dipping.

Followed by:

Fettuccini with Lobster 15.99 Black fettuccini tossed with lobster, wild mushrooms and a homemade lobster cream sauce.

Or:

Linguini with Clams 13.99 Little Neck clams sautéed in garlic-butter and tossed with Italian bacon and leeks in a scallion cream sauce.

And finishing up with:

Torta Cioccolata 5.99A chocolate lover’s dream – dense chocolate cake served warm with vanilla ice cream.

Vera's or crash RobsonX's Christmas party? Hmmmm, decisions, decisions! Actually the tourtiere turned out better than my old faithful recipe and I am waiting for DH to get home so we can try a piece. I am also waiting for him as he is the resident wonton fryer. I bundle them all done), he cooks them. Then it is off to a party ourselves!

Back
Top Bottom