Nintendo DS Personal Trainer: Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
Has anyone tried this yet. I have seen it on the Food Network a bit but I was wondering if its worth it. I was thinking of giving it a go. Here is a link if you guys don't know what I'm babbling about.

Personal Trainer: Cooking

some times alot of people need help with the basics. jsut ask my wife!!

Ive been teaching her here and there. she has been picking up a few things. she can now make mac and cheese, knorr side dishes, eggs (sometimes)

she has a lot to clean but she is getting there. one day maybe she cook me dinner.

cooking is jsutn ot her thing.

I got this for my 10 yr old niece for Christmas so haven't tried it out yet. She enjoys cooking and can make several dishes on her own. She says she wants to own a doughnut shop! It is not that expensive at $20.

I might just get it for my daughter. She already likes to help some times, and she is very careful in the kitchen.

I bought one for Cade. He saw it and wants to have something he and I and his mom can do together..I think he wants to teach us how to cook:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

I bought one for Cade. He saw it and wants to have something he and I and his mom can do together..I think he wants to teach us how to cook:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Careful there, one day you may find yourself being invited to your young chefs new TV show, LOL!

This is how they start out! I think it makes a great gift for kids maybe 10+ and are curious about cooking. Also for adults that want to expand their basic knowledge and get more comfortable in the kitchen.

It does look really neat. But I agree with a previous reply to this post...looks quite basic. I would think the internet could provide much better recipes.

However, if you'd like to introduce your "youngin" to cooking and they can use their DS to do it...is there anything more perfect?

Careful there, one day you may find yourself being invited to your young chefs new TV show, LOL!

This is how they start out! I think it makes a great gift for kids maybe 10+ and are curious about cooking. Also for adults that want to expand their basic knowledge and get more comfortable in the kitchen.
That's true, he already can do chocolate chip cookies from memory..I can't for the life of me fool him so when he asked so he could work with his mom and me, I said ok. Sure it's basic, and there are great recipes right here and on the net, but the young man is 8 and he needs to start with basics..So come Christmas Eve he will get started.

kadesma

That's true, he already can do chocolate chip cookies from memory..I can't for the life of me fool him so when he asked so he could work with his mom and me, I said ok. Sure it's basic, and there are great recipes right here and on the net, but the young man is 8 and he needs to start with basics..So come Christmas Eve he will get started.

kadesma

OK kids 8+, LOL. I keep forgetting kids these days are learning this stuff younger and younger.

I saw the commercials for these. I was so intrigued I went out and bought a Nintendo DS and the "game".

Now, I'm going to say I was disappointed, but it has nothing to do with the quality of the program. I just had unrealistic expectations. For some reason, I was thinking it would cover some more advanced dishes ala the Hell's Kitchen video game (yes, there are actually top-end recipes in that program). What I ended up with was a lot of basic recipes that aims to make cooking fun for younger people.

There's nothing wrong with that--it does what it does and it does it well--it's just not what I was hoping for.

I saw the commercials for these. I was so intrigued I went out and bought a Nintendo DS and the "game".

Now, I'm going to say I was disappointed, but it has nothing to do with the quality of the program. I just had unrealistic expectations. For some reason, I was thinking it would cover some more advanced dishes ala the Hell's Kitchen video game (yes, there are actually top-end recipes in that program). What I ended up with was a lot of basic recipes that aims to make cooking fun for younger people.

There's nothing wrong with that--it does what it does and it does it well--it's just not what I was hoping for.

Thanks, it officially became a future gift for my daughter (12).

Awww, HOW CUTE!!! Imagine, Christmas Day, the entire family over...

And a gourmet meal prepared by an 8 year old...how very sweet.

I wish my two kids were interested in cooking...boy 14, girl 15. That's all I do...cook cook cook, can can can :chef:. My two kids just like to eat my cooking. Oh well. Perhaps when they get older [sigh]

Neeney, my 12 year old only like to help me when it is really messy, like rolling meatballs or working flour. She is still a little shy around the stove and she has a healthy respect for knives too. I am always saying the most dangerous tool in the kitchen is a dull knife.

While basic, I've heard great things about it. Definitely seems like a nice alternative to your typical violent game if your kid has any interest in cooking.

Back
Top Bottom