REC - Gingerbread Crumb Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Great for Christmas morning!

GINGERBREAD CRUMB CAKE

1 cup flour
2/3cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp.salt
1/8tsp. cloves
¼ cup butter
½ tsp.baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
2T molasses
1 ½ tsp. water
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350; spray 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cloves and cut in butter. Reserve ½ cup and set aside.

Combine remaining flour mixture, baking powder, baking soda, add buttermilk, molasses, and egg; beat at medium speed til blended. Pour into prepared pan; combine reserved flour with water; sprinkle over batter. Bake for 30 minutes til cake springs back. Cool on wire rack.

Hi,
I'd like to give this recipe a shot, but i'm not too sure what " Â ". nothing i can think of seems to fit all the slots.

can anyone help me out?
icon12.gif

GINGERBREAD CRUMB CAKE

1 cup flour
2/3cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp.salt
1/8tsp. cloves
¼ cup butter
½ tsp.baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
2T molasses
1 ½ tsp. water
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350; spray 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cloves and cut in butter. Reserve ½ cup and set aside.

Combine remaining flour mixture, baking powder, baking soda, add buttermilk, molasses, and egg; beat at medium speed til blended. Pour into prepared pan; combine reserved flour with water; sprinkle over batter. Bake for 30 minutes til cake springs back. Cool on wire rack.

thanks for sharing. this didn't happen Christmas morning but New Years. Was very, very good. I do so appreciate when I get something that appeals to the picky people I have to prepare meals for. Thanks again.

GINGERBREAD CRUMB CAKE

1 cup flour
2/3cup sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp.salt
1/8tsp. cloves
¼ cup butter
½ tsp.baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup buttermilk
2T molasses
1 ½ tsp. water
1 egg

Philso, ignore the Â's. They are related to some computer language issue.

In the kitchen thanks for trying this recipe. It sounds good and I might have to give it a try this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom