Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   New Year's Eve (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/new-years-eve-53664.html)

texasgirl 12-28-2008 01:21 PM

New Year's Eve

What do you do on New Years Eve?? We don't do anything. DH is a party poop and doesn't like going anywhere:glare:
Anyone have big plans or just staying home like us??

sattie 12-28-2008 01:23 PM

Put me in the party poop catagorey... we stay home. I usually cook a nice meal and we bring in the new year quietly.

Fisher's Mom 12-28-2008 01:24 PM

I'll probably be at home, too. We usually go out on the deck and watch the downtown fireworks and of course, pop a bottle of bubbly to ring in the new year!

pdswife 12-28-2008 01:25 PM

I think we are going out to dinner...at our favorite Italian place. Maggiano's Little Italy It'll be an early dinner and then we'll come home. We don't really celebrate.

roadfix 12-28-2008 01:36 PM

I'm a party pooper too. That's why my wife is inviting everyone over to our house.

Barbara L 12-28-2008 01:56 PM

We can't afford to go anywhere, and most of the people we know are always in bed way before midnight. We usually stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. If we have the money we sometimes buy a few fireworks and set them off. We usually have some kind of snack foods, such as crackers and cheese, or chips and dip. We usually call our daughters and my dad, and when we can afford it we have called Alix and Ken. Can't really afford the crackers and cheese this year (but will probably get them anyway). And of course, when the ball drops at midnight, I kiss my sweetie (and my sweetie kisses me back!)!

:smile:Barbara

JustMeToo 12-28-2008 02:04 PM

Those days of going out and partying are over for us. We normally stay home make steak sandwiches and some snacks, pop open some sparkling apple cidar and wait for the ball to drop, (if we stay awake). I normally have to wake up DH to ask for a kiss. LOL

But this year we were talking about going to a early dinner and going to the movies to see "Marley & Me", then head home.

homecook 12-28-2008 02:38 PM

This is the year my best friend and her dh will be coming over. We play games, gab and just have fun. We will be grilling steaks with baked potatoes and broccoli. She may be bringing french onion soup also. I got a Wii for Christmas so we'll probably have fun with that. lol We're usually up all night when they come over so I'll have to take a nap earlier.

Barb

PieSusan 12-28-2008 02:50 PM

I'll be with my mom at a party. It will end early and then, I shall be home watching the ball drop while playing online.

Katie H 12-28-2008 02:54 PM

Buck and I never went out for New Years. Usually made a pot of his grandfather's fondue and ate fondue and drank champagne as the ball dropped.

This year...I'll probably go to bed early and forget about the whole thing.