Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's for Dinner, Monday Dec. 29th.... (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-monday-dec-29th-53686.html)

Luvs2Cook 12-29-2008 11:24 AM

Enjoy!

LPBeier 12-29-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdswife (Post 755967)
My goodness Laurie..it's getting harder and harder to cook in your house!

Isn't it a good thing I am trained in special diets? :wink:

Actually, when the test results come back we may find that he doesn't have the other problems and it may all be better once we get the ulcer sorted out.

marigeorge 12-29-2008 11:31 AM

Last night we had egg rolls, char siu and fried rice.....tonight I will use the little bit of leftover pork to make Singapore rice noodles.

Fearless Kitchen 12-29-2008 11:43 AM

I'm on my own for tonight, so I'm having gumbo and rice - both leftovers.

SierraCook 12-29-2008 12:02 PM

I have been trying to eat up items from the freezer. I have a bad habit of buying meats at the grocery store when I have plenty in the freezer.
This morning I pulled out some tri-tip strips and marinated half of them in a spicy miso teriyaki sauce which I think I will serve with broccoli stir fry and white rice. The other half of the tri-tip I am marinating in Baja chipotle sauce to use for dinner later in the week.

pdswife 12-29-2008 12:31 PM

Ok... the kids are coming here! And we are having pizza. Paul made extra dough and I made extra sauce the other day so it'll be an easy dinner. I'm even going to make them make their own pizzas. Mean mommy!

VeraBlue 12-29-2008 01:31 PM

Actually, I have a big deal going on tonight...
My childhood friend and his boyfriend are joining my daughter and I for an after holiday meal. Another friend of mine, my photographer from my past, ahem...life....is also joining us.

We're having stuffed mushrooms (currants, brie and crab) with cocktails in the parlour.

First course is endive with port poached pears, saga bleu and candied pecans with an orange balsamic glaze.

Dinner is pork tenderloin marsala with butternut squash risotto and broccoli with lemon aoili.

I'm making a caranberry walnut braided bread.

Dessert is slices of linzer torte with eggnog creme brulee.

I have a pinot noir from the russian river valley for dinner.

babetoo 12-29-2008 01:40 PM

i am looking forward to a marie callander chicken pot pie. more than a little tired of left over ham. will add a nice salad. hope to make pumpkin muffins this afternoon for dessert

Fisher's Mom 12-29-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeraBlue (Post 756123)
Actually, I have a big deal going on tonight...
My childhood friend and his boyfriend are joining my daughter and I for an after holiday meal. Another friend of mine, my photographer from my past, ahem...life....is also joining us.

We're having stuffed mushrooms (currants, brie and crab) with cocktails in the parlour.

First course is endive with port poached pears, saga bleu and candied pecans with an orange balsamic glaze.

Dinner is pork tenderloin marsala with butternut squash risotto and broccoli with lemon aoili.

I'm making a caranberry walnut braided bread.

Dessert is slices of linzer torte with eggnog creme brulee.

I have a pinot noir from the russian river valley for dinner.

As always, I'm wishing I was eating at Vera's tonight.:sad: (For the company as well as the food!)

Katie H 12-29-2008 01:57 PM

I have about a half pound of yellow split peas, so I may make some soup. Not too inspired today. Really feel like taking a nap.

Changed my mind. I'm quick soaking some pinto beans right now. Chopped up a mess of onions and garlic and took some smoked ham hocks out of the freezer. Pinto bean soup instead.

Homemade potato rolls are on their last rise and will have them with the soup. Carbs, carbs and more carbs.