What's for Dinner, Monday Dec. 29th....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how long do mash potatoes and green beans last in the refrig after cooking?

Last night I needed comfort food big time... I was terribly hung over all day.

I roasted a chicken made stuffing with odds and ends (brown rice, pork, bacon, egg) and made whipped potatoes.... Stayed easy on the flavorings.. just oil, S&P and a sprinkle of HDP on the bird.

Now I am feeling rejuvenated and have a while bunch of chicken and stock not sure what I am going to make with it though.

good morning, girl!

I also like to see what everyone's cooking before I decide - but I made up my mind last night that I'm making JimC's Linguini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Garlic (recipe posted in yesterday's "what's for dinner" thread).

DH is out of town and I'm going to the grocery store to buy some ingredients and try a couple new dishes! (I'm going to make a quiche too!)

Yea... I with you and Fisher... I can't think of anything sometimes, then a quick glance at this thread, I got all the inspiration I need!!!

I am making a pot of chicken noodle soup for my husband. He has a cold. Of course, it is The Worst Cold any human has ever suffered...according to him. :wacko:

Myop,
I just used leftover mashed potatoes that were in the fridge for about 5 days.
they were fine, although they were all the way in the back of the fridge where it is the coldest.

I'm hoping to go to a local Italian place for mussels. I'm tired of cooking. I have to talk dh into it though. Ds' girlfriend gave us a gc for Christmas. Ds and gf are going to the TSO concert that we got them tickets for Christmas.

Barb

Change of plans...again...lol...

No way that the pizza dough was going to thaw in time to rise for pizza tonight... sigh.

So I'm making scalloped ham and potatoes and Greek tomatoes and green beans.
I guess that will be a little better anyway since this really is our "Christmas" dinner.

This is the middle day between the holidays. Christmas parties are done and soon News Years celebrations will be starting. I am dinnered out so I need something to start recharging before the next round. Tonight will be vegetarian, a simple stir fry with lots of veggies and maybe some mushrooms, mixed with a little special sweet soy sauce and served over rice.

We were supposed to go out with friends but that got nixed so now I'm not sure what I'll make, everything is frozen. I'm leaning towards arroz con pollo because I can get it going in the oven while I defrost the chicken breasts.

I have to say a glass of wine and dinner out sounds wonderful!

Well after assessing what was left in the veggie crisper and going to the store, I made the quiche.

I used the base recipe that was posted a couple days ago in the "eggs" section of this board. Put my pie crust in a 10" quiche dish (a little shallower than a 9" pie plate) I had a jalapeno, half a red bell pepper, garlic and some green onion which I sauteed lightly in EVOO just till soft. Drained that, and put my cubes of ham and the drained sauteed veggies onto the crust, then sliced super thin a zucchini and spread those on the ham and peppers. Then I covered it all with about two handfuls of shredded jack/colby cheeses. Beat 5 eggs and a cup of milk, salt & pepper and poured that into the dish all over the cheese, ham, and veggies. Baked at 350 for 60 minutes (wasn't done in the middle at 50 minutes) and I could have left it in the oven for another 10 minutes as it was still a bit runny. Let it set to cool for an hour - it was still pretty warm and slightly "loose" in the middle - but it stayed together pretty well when I sliced it. I ate one piece with some sour cream on the side, but it wasn't fiery spicy.

After cross referencing some other quiche recipes, I think I could have used 3 or 4 eggs OR a little less milk (maybe 3/4 c. instead of 1 c.) and it would have set up better. Not that its not delish - it IS yummy - but I wish it was a little firmer.

By the way, the house smelled fantastic while this was baking!!!

So the Linguine dish will be for tomorrow. Yummo!

going to make steak and cheese subs with the left over tenderloin ..
and some ham and potato soup ..
unless i get an uncontrollable urge for a mc rib ..

Here is the platter of Singapore rice noodles....oh, so good. :pig:

img_756454_0_12b93605b7a9c1397ca9b7eb04864fa8.jpg

Wow Marigene!!! Scoobagirl... I lost my inspiration and ended up with leftovers. Leftover lasgana and the last dab of ceasar salad.

Well after assessing what was left in the veggie crisper and going to the store, I made the quiche.

I used the base recipe that was posted a couple days ago in the "eggs" section of this board. Put my pie crust in a 10" quiche dish (a little shallower than a 9" pie plate) I had a jalapeno, half a red bell pepper, garlic and some green onion which I sauteed lightly in EVOO just till soft. Drained that, and put my cubes of ham and the drained sauteed veggies onto the crust, then sliced super thin a zucchini and spread those on the ham and peppers. Then I covered it all with about two handfuls of shredded jack/colby cheeses. Beat 5 eggs and a cup of milk, salt & pepper and poured that into the dish all over the cheese, ham, and veggies. Baked at 350 for 60 minutes (wasn't done in the middle at 50 minutes) and I could have left it in the oven for another 10 minutes as it was still a bit runny. Let it set to cool for an hour - it was still pretty warm and slightly "loose" in the middle - but it stayed together pretty well when I sliced it. I ate one piece with some sour cream on the side, but it wasn't fiery spicy.

After cross referencing some other quiche recipes, I think I could have used 3 or 4 eggs OR a little less milk (maybe 3/4 c. instead of 1 c.) and it would have set up better. Not that its not delish - it IS yummy - but I wish it was a little firmer.

By the way, the house smelled fantastic while this was baking!!!

So the Linguine dish will be for tomorrow. Yummo!

I'm gonna get me some stuff to make a quiche too!!

A 1/2 wedge of romaine with some cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers, homemade bleu cheese, a big fat ribeye, steamed new potatoes with butter/sour cream/chives, and apple pie for dessert. All accompanied by a bottle of 1999 Magnificat, and boy was it good! Sometimes we keep wine too long and this time, it was just the right amount of time!!! I'm in heaven...well, maybe not...there's still dirty dishes around! :(

img_756649_0_e822ab57778d57785c7f4d6d3d7ef32b.jpg

A 1/2 wedge of romaine with some cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers, homemade bleu cheese, a big fat ribeye, steamed new potatoes with butter/sour cream/chives, and apple pie for dessert. All accompanied by a bottle of 1999 Magnificat, and boy was it good! Sometimes we keep wine too long and this time, it was just the right amount of time!!! I'm in heaven...well, maybe not...there's still dirty dishes around! :(

img_756660_0_e822ab57778d57785c7f4d6d3d7ef32b.jpg

That looks great! Maybe next time your DH can have a steak too... :LOL:

We had pan fried sirloins, potato bakers, green salad, and pesto flat bread...

Back
Top Bottom