What's for Dinner, Tuesday December 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, Sattie must be sleeping late....she usually has this started by now.

I know I am doing an eggplant parmigiana because I have one to use up. Not sure what to have with it.

What is everyone else having?

LOL!!! Laurie... I was so pleased to see the thread started by someone other than me!!!! YEAH!!!! Thank you Miss Laurie!!!

I'm not certain, but DH and I were discussing last night that we may go out for dinner. And... I'm gonna sneak off to the store to stock up on some goodies to make quiche!!!

I need suggestions for that left-over steak. If I slice it and make "something" out of it it will make a good dinner tonight. It's ribeye.

uh oh - just remembered, DH is at home today...there might not be ANY left over by the time I get home :neutral:

I need suggestions for that left-over steak. If I slice it and make "something" out of it it will make a good dinner tonight. It's ribeye.

uh oh - just remembered, DH is at home today...there might not be ANY left over by the time I get home :neutral:

I always like using steak like that over a salad KE. And this may sound simple, but if I can find a nice ripe beef steak tomato, I love a good tomato with sliced steak!!! Sorry I could not come up with anything better....

On the salad, you could add green beans and red taters... with a balsamic dressing, it makes it a real meal. That way you are not disrespecting the steak!

Chicken Ajillo (with garlic and white wine) and sauteed dandelion greens.

Have to have everything cleared away by 9 PM for the Kennedy Center Honors Show. :)

Lou and I are going into the city to see the Rockefeller tree one last time...then heading over to Carnegie Deli for inordinately stuffed pastrami sandwiches, crunchy pickles and egg creams.

dw is going food shopping, but if she doesn't make it to the store, we are either making chicken parm or loin lamb chops that i picked up yesterday.

I have half of a ham ... I think I'll bake it and then slice it and make good sandwiches.

Lou and I are going into the city to see the Rockefeller tree one last time...then heading over to Carnegie Deli for inordinately stuffed pastrami sandwiches, crunchy pickles and egg creams.

I have always wanted to go there! One of these days I will make it to NYC. Have a pickle for me, Vera!

Thanks to the Quiche thread

I am making a Ham and... Quiche. I searched (have too many recipes)
and was unable to locate my Quiche with no crust. EEK. Need to make
a crust I guess. Aria

I would slice it very thinly and then make a stirfry with veggies & noodles.

I'm out with the boys tonight. The others had mince, mashed potato and vegetables.

I am making a Ham and... Quiche. I searched (have too many recipes)
and was unable to locate my Quiche with no crust. EEK. Need to make
a crust I guess. Aria

Aria, I make crustless quiche all the time because DH can't have flour. I think you are referring to the "bisquick" style, but what I do is just spray or grease my quiche dish and pour my filling into it. Comes out great. Just cut your milk/cream down a little.

I always like using steak like that over a salad KE. And this may sound simple, but if I can find a nice ripe beef steak tomato, I love a good tomato with sliced steak!!! Sorry I could not come up with anything better....

On the salad, you could add green beans and red taters... with a balsamic dressing, it makes it a real meal. That way you are not disrespecting the steak!

This is just the way I use up leftover steak. I like to add little chunks of goat or blue cheese and some thinly sliced red onions too.

Dang! Now I'm hungry for a steak salad. :ermm:
--------------

Oh yeah, as to what we are having. DH isn't well so he'll eat up the rest of the chicken soup I made him yesterday. DS and I will have scrambled eggs with cream cheese and chives, English muffins and these yummy turkey maple/apple sausages I have.

I am making a chicken, black bean & salsa soup in my crock pot.

*jealous* that sounds reeeeally good!

I am making chicken paninis tonight... grilled chicken all sliced up with red/yellow/orange bell pepper, red onion, mozz cheese slices and pesto on ciabatta bread. Not sure what to have with it, but they are pretty filling so maybe nothing :)

Having the family dinner tonight. Baked ham, potatoes and green bean casserole. The only thing that tempts me is the chocolate cake I baked for dessert.

I wanted comfort food so have meatballs in the oven and will have mashed potatoes, broccoli and haven't decided on the other vegetable with them.

Back
Top Bottom