Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First of all, congratulations on your wonderful news!!! When is the baby due? Is your daughter excited about being a big sister? Give your wife a big hug from the DC clan.

Also, congrats on your decision to quit smoking. I wish you complete success - it's a tough thing to do. But if anyone can do it, I think it will be you, YT.

:)Hey people I'm in this to for criminy sakes
:) YT, I'm giving it my best shot as well I run out of cigs some time today. It's really hard to quit but I know at my age it's time. Think of all the money you will save as well. So I'm in with you I know all the tricks and triggers but just haven't had the strength due to my highly addictive personality but it must be done. I did quit once many years ago but screwed up by thinking I could take a few puffs here and there and ended up back on the cigs. But I can tell you that after you quit you will feel like you have never smoked mentally as well as physically the first few days are the hardest but it dos get easier it takes 21 days to break a habit. I bought some Commit lozenges hope they help. You are trying to break several reasons to smoke including physical, habitual, emotional. social etc.
I think all of us who want to quit may want to find a quitting forum and join together.
My mantra is going to be " It must be done"

:)Hey people I'm in this to for criminy sakes
OMG, I'm so sorry JP! You absolutely have my complete admiration and total support in your quest to quit smoking. Wait a minute...that is what you are referring to, right? Or are you telling us there will be a little JP running around in the future?

Sorry jp!

1.gif
GO JP!
3.gif
GO JP!
1.gif

We're there for you too!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I'm so sorry JP! You absolutely have my complete admiration and total support in your quest to quit smoking. Wait a minute...that is what you are referring to, right? Or are you telling us there will be a little JP running around in the future?

:LOL: no little ones I'm just going try to quit cigs for real this time as well

:) Thank you I know that sometimes a post gets overlooked but I need the support as well.:wacko: I did a long time ago take the Cancer Society six week course to quit smoking so I can also be support to others as well.

All joking aside, I know you can do it, JP. You're a really strong woman and a force to be reckoned with - the Marlboro man doesn't have a chance!

Ironic isn't it that the Marlboro Man died of lung cancer.

I started smoking at 11. Smoked for 35 years then decided it was enough. Joined a Smoke Enders group, threw away the last of my pack, and haven't touched a cigarette since. No craving no nothing. That was 22 years ago.

If there is any one reason that I will never go back, it will be because I never realized how horrible smokers smelled. Their hair, breath, clothes, body , cars and homes smell awful. I never realized that smokers can't smell themselves. I can't even stand to be around smokers anymore. Good luck. It CAN be done. Just do it. It will be the best thing you ever did for yourself not to mention the money you'll save.
Good for you!!!

Best of luck to you both, YT and JP!

Please update us as to how you are doing. Quitting smoking is a great accomplishment - for you and everyone around you!

Lee

Seriously, both of you can do it. We'll all be here for you! Getting a support group together is probably a really good idea.

I had uploaded a "Quit Keeper" on to my computer. It gives you your currents stats. How many days you are smoke free, how much money you saved, how many cigs you would have smoked, how much you added to you life. It was a big incentive for me.

Great thanks ;)

I`v just DL`d it and am running it now, I set the Quit time for 00:00:00 Jan 1 2009, and it`s giving me a countdown as well now :)

sure you can add me ;)
and it says I have 3 hours and 10 mins left, but you quit when it`s Your midnight, I`m hoping to be fast asleep by then :D

:) I.m not waiting till midnight I'm just guessing thats when I run out ot them which will be about 4-5 in the afternoon.

Like I said earlier, it really did give me incentive. Just seeing how many cigs. I would have smoked makes me ill.
I am glad that you guys are going to do the same. I wish you all the best of luck. Let me know your dates and I will put you in mine. I will also try and post my stats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom