The Bread Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurel

Cook
Rose Levy Beranbaum has done it again. I got The Cake Bible as a gift from the Mr's aunt who I believe knows her, and I ADORE it. I found out that she wrote The Bread Bible and have been hinting strongly that I'd like to get it for Christmas, and that worked out.

I've been going through and making different breads of hers and they're all amazing. She gives you a lot of information and insight regarding what went into developing the recipes which I find very useful and there are some beautiful photos of the breads. The Cake Bible is composed similarly and for someone who hasn't been baking for 40 years (I'm only 23!), and without any history of breadmaking growing up, I find the insight to be paramount!

Rose Levy Beranbaum has done it again. I got The Cake Bible as a gift from the Mr's aunt who I believe knows her, and I ADORE it. I found out that she wrote The Bread Bible and have been hinting strongly that I'd like to get it for Christmas, and that worked out.

I've been going through and making different breads of hers and they're all amazing. She gives you a lot of information and insight regarding what went into developing the recipes which I find very useful and there are some beautiful photos of the breads. The Cake Bible is composed similarly and for someone who hasn't been baking for 40 years (I'm only 23!), and without any history of breadmaking growing up, I find the insight to be paramount!

When I got my bread machine, my husband bought me that book along with it. It is probably the best and most comprehensive book on bread making I've ever seen. Great stuff. Have fun with it.

I love Rose, too. If you go to her website, you can get her newsletter each month. She will correct any errors in the book, too.

Bread Bible=good book. I have it, Pie and Pastry, Cake(thrift store, .50), and was just gifted her Christmas Cookie Book. All the best of what they are,imho.

Back
Top Bottom