Otis the cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Remember I mentioned Otis the outside cat ? Well , we brought him inside tonight, he is in a pet carrier in the laundry room. The carrier door is open but the laundry room door is shut so my 5 cats can't see Otis. I will not allow him to come into the kitchen and rest of the house until he is checked out first , for disease. He is warm inside , it is so cold out, suppose to drop to zero late tonight and very windy, gusty wind of 45 mph. He has a vet appointment on Monday.
We'll see how he does over the weekend , hubby thinks he can keep Otis inside, I'm not sure about that because Otis has always been an outside cat, I don't know if he was ever anyone's pet.
I guess Otis more or less adopted us ;) because we feed him.
Update Jan. 1st
I guess Otis does not like staying in the laundry room, even tho he has food, water and litterbox, he sprayed or urinated in there last night and now the room is really stinky. Hubby does not know if Otis should stay in the room til Monday, he is thinking of letting Otis outside and hope to catch him on Monday in time to go to the vet. I am not happy either about the horrible smell in the room. The room has the washer, dryer , bags and boxes on the floor , standing shelving units. I will have to find where the smell is originating from and use a product called Natures Miracle . I also have a black light which helps find the marked spots.

Last edited:
Otis is one lucky kitty. Good for you! I found out there is a ferral cat living in the basement of the house. It sqeezes itsdelf under the outside basement door. When we get back next week, I think I'll start feeding it.

Otis is one lucky kitty. Good for you! I found out there is a ferral cat living in the basement of the house. It sqeezes itsdelf under the outside basement door. When we get back next week, I think I'll start feeding it.
:) If he is a tom cat the minute he lets you pet him he will melt all over you but then he must be spayed and then he will be your lover boy forever;)

Remember I mentioned Otis the outside cat ? Well , we brought him inside tonight, he is in a pet carrier in the laundry room. The carrier door is open but the laundry room door is shut so my 5 cats can't see Otis. I will not allow him to come into the kitchen and rest of the house until he is checked out first , for disease. He is warm inside , it is so cold out, suppose to drop to zero late tonight and very windy, gusty wind of 45 mph. He has a vet appointment on Monday.
We'll see how he does over the weekend , hubby thinks he can keep Otis inside, I'm not sure about that because Otis has always been an outside cat, I don't know if he was ever anyone's pet.
I guess Otis more or less adopted us ;) because we feed him.
:) If he is a male he will suck up to you in no time and appreciate the the comfort of your home and a steady supply of food and the loving petting just be sure to neuter him,

How'd you get him into the carrier, LadyCook?

None of the feral cats I've fed will let me get near them.

Lee

How'd you get him into the carrier, LadyCook?

None of the feral cats I've fed will let me get near them.

Lee

We've had the carrier outside on the porch , Otis would go in it at night to sleep. This was a period of about 3 weeks , until Otis felt comfortable enough not to run when we go outside . Last night hubby shut the door to the carrier with Otis in it and brought him inside.
The carrier has an old flannel shirt in it , also a thick towel. We've kept the food bowl and water bowl near the carrier.

Ahhhhhh, very clever! And patient!

How's Otis doing inside today?

Lee

he is doing fine. I suggested to hubby to let him outside but hubby is afraid we wouldn't be able to catch him again in time for the vet appointment on Monday afternoon. There is food , water and litterbox for Otis. Hopefully he will get used to using the box and not spray in the room, I don't think he did but you never know.
LC

That's great, good luck with him. I have an outside kitty too but my cat sits in the window and hisses at her so I don't think they would get along. I thought about taking her to the vet for a check-up but I don't think she would handle the carrier.

very cool, elsie. i hope otis adopts you as his new servant.

we take care of 3 feral (fixed) cats, morris, sylvester 1, and sylvester 2.
dw can pet them. in fact, they rub up against her so hard that she has to steady her stance. i can only get close before they swat, with very powerful, closed paws.

last week when it was very cold out, dw got morris to come into our kitchen and eat. we were afraid to close the door because he was so skitterish that if he felt trapped inside, he might go berserk.

the carrier is a good idea. we might have to try that. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom