Best meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Last night, Kim and I fixed the best meatloaf!

He had bought a whole sirloin tip a while back, and cut a roast off of it. The roast was very tasty, but tough, and we ended up grinding it for meat spread.
But we still had a big piece of the tip left in the freezer, so Kim thawed it and ground it up for meatloaf, adding pork sausage to moisten it up a little. It was very, very good. Here's how we made it:

Best Meat Loaf

Connie

2+ lbs of ground sirloin tip
1 lb. pork roll sausage
2 eggs
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
2 tbls mustard
½ tsp ea. salt & pepper
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup catsup, divided

Dump all in together, reserving ½ cup of catsup. Mix well, divide in half and form into two loaves. Place in sprayed baking dish, cover, and put in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and dump out any grease. Top with remaining catsup and put back in oven uncovered for 15 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140. Remove from oven, cover and let stand 10-15 minutes.

sounds great.. i usually use `1 pound ground turkey and one pound ground sausuage and rice as a filler in mine.. then season it with italian seasoning or garlic salt.. turns out great..

When I make Tex-Mex meatloaf, I use crushed tortilla chips as a binder and salsa instead of ketchup or tomato sauce. Weally, weally good.

That's far out... could I take a peak at the recipe? I seem to be having a problem finding a good recipe lately.

That's cool, thanks! I am just very sad because we went to Old Country Buffet awhile back and their meatloaf was better than mine :(

Excuse me for hijacking a bit.

Maverick, don't you think that Old Country Buffet's clam chowder is to die for? I do and I sure wanna learn to make it.

Not the ones here, they don't even serve it here! Which really stinks, but then the one here we go to for the kids cause they like it. I was very disappointed as at this one they don't tend the food like they should, and often don't fill the buffet entirely either.
Nothing like the one we had back home, that one always had tasty stuff on it, and yes the clam chowder was great.
I think the best thing on this one last time we were there was the meatloaf, which is why I was sad it was better than mine! Considering how bad their buffet here is I was seriously insulting myself!

I grew up hating my mom's meatloaf. She used ground beef, minced onions, an egg, cracker meal, and a sauce on top of ketchup/brown sugar.

When I ate meatloaf away from home (probably a restaurant somewhere) and it had real tomato sauce on top and pieces of bell pepper in it, wow! I fell in love. Meatloaf is one of those things I don't make but will order at Cracker Barrel or somewhere - I love it now. (but it has to have bell pepper in it!!!)

Back
Top Bottom