Greets and Treats from the Holy City!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PabstBlueRibbon

Assistant Cook
Good morning from Charleston, SC!

My name is Rachel and I figured I'd join up to see what's kickin' over here 'cause I did a bunch of Googling on cooking, trying to get some ideas for dinner and this site came up at least four times in the top page. You guys must be doing something right!

I've been doing a lot of baking lately, anything and everything that can be shaped into muffin form, has and will be made into one! Watch out baking thread, here I come!

I just got dumped with a large selection of venison from one of my husband's hunting friends whose wife refused to accept any more deer meat in her freezer and have never cooked with it before, so I'll be bothering the wild game thread quite a bit!

I'm really excited about bouncing some ideas around with you guys, sharing recipes and cooking disasters! Happy New Year!

Hi Rachel,
welcome to the DC family...Glad you've found us..Make yourself at home and enjoy
kadesma

Welcome Rachel - love your screen name!

I'm pretty sure PDswife can help you out with some venison recipes when she sees this thread.

Welcome Rachel. The best part of the deer is the back strap. All of my inlaws are hunters. I don’t like to hunt, because I do not like guns. I will cook anything, but don’t ask me to kill it. You will want to find a marinade that has a lot of vinegar, or some sort of acidity in it. That will get that wild, musky taste out of the deer. I understand Milk will also serve this purpose. Deer meat makes the best Vegetable Soup. My father-in-law makes the best vegetable soup; when he does not cut corners. As you can tell from my last two sentences, there is a reason why my wife married me. Her mother cannot boil waters. I have seen her screw up rice in a rice cooker, and burn brown and serve rolls.

Lol! PAdams, that took me back! The running joke in our family is that I can cook a 7-course gourmet meal but I have to order out for the rice. It took me almost two months of soaking and oven cleaner to get the burned rice off the bottom of my brand new stainless steel pot for my first attempt and I my husband chipped his tooth on the second attempt. Since then, I've gotten a rice cooker, but those things are tricky! I feel your mothher's pain!

You guys are all awesome, such a warm welcome.

Hi Rachel, welcome to DC. I thought my your thread title you meant Jerusalem. Now I see you are from Charleston. I never heard of that nickname for Charleston. lol

LOL Piesusan I was a little confused at first too!

Welcome Rachel!! Hope you make yourself at home here!!:):)

Lol, no, Charleston has become the New Christian Mecca because of the abundance of churches and the history behind them. There are also more churches per square mile in Charleston, SC than there is anywhere else in the world, excluding the Vatican (good lord, how do you compete with an entire COUNTRY as one big church?!), hence the name "The Holy City".

And no, not that Rachel! Although that doesn't stop my husband from yelling across the house, "RACHEL, YOUR SHOW'S ON!" at the top of his lungs... I swear, I think our neighbors secretly think I'm Rachel Ray... hahaha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom