Butter Cream Frosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielle_Eddings

Assistant Cook
I have noticed that since moving to Florida my butter cream frosting does not set up correctly. For my red velet cake, I cook and cool my milk and flour then add my butter. Does anyone experience issues making frostings in Florida?

Where did you move from? Humidity, Humidity, Humidity. There are baking recipes that my grandmother would not make on rainy days. He would only make custard pies on partly cloudy days. Dpending on your recipe, you may need to adjust the powdered sugar.

The recipe calls for granulated sugar, but I have attempted to make it with powdered, with the same results, leaving a separated mess. I have made the cake with a cream cheese frosting, but I prefer the butter cream.

That could be it. If you are a stickler for a certain type of butter, and it is not available in your new area, that could be it. I have gotten recipes from people and there was a specific brand specified due to fat content.

I had not thought about the different brands of butter. I typically use a generic unsalted butter. I got so desparate once and used butter flavored shortening to resurrect my failed attempt.

If you are using publix brand--that can be your problem. I tried to make a cheesecake with it and it hardly rose. It was not like Philadelphia brand at all.

The other issue is that it is not only humid but warm. When I bake in Florida, I turn my air conditioning way up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom