Another loss of one of Dallas finest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
We were watching the news last night and they broke in about a Dallas cop of 18 years and for the last 14, he worked in the gang unit. He went to work yesterday morning at 6 after receiving a tip about some that they had been looking for. I asked DH if his friend still worked for the gang unit, he was pretty sure he did. He hadn't seen him in about 3 years since dh can't drive very well. He talked to him everyday. He watched out in the condos where dh worked. He was a nice guy and dh talked about things he told him almost everyday.
Well, as watched it unfold, they finally named the cop and it was his friend:(
Dh just kept saying, I can't believe it. OMG, it was Norm.
He was only 43 and he would have celebrated 18 years with the force.
Pray for his wife, also a cop and their 2 teenagers.Dallas officer fatally shot while serving warrant | Latest News | WFAA.com

This is Norm and his beautiful wife. I wish I had been able to meet him. DH always had stories that Norm told him. He was VERY respected, even by gangs because he was always tough, but, fair too. God rest his soul!!!

Attachments

• norm.png
    norm.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 35
Oh,tg, I'm so sorry to hear this. I lived with a NJ state trooper for about 4 years and it's a hold your breath moment everytime they leave the house.
God Bless him and his family.
In Washington, D.C. every year, I think in May, they have a dedication ceramony at the Fallen Officer's Memorial, for those who have fallen in the line of duty.
Aside from his place of rest, he will be honored in our country's capital, which is fitting. It may take til next year, but it will happen.
I salute him.
Thanks for letting us know so we can say a prayer.

And I just read the news article.
The same thing happened to 2 others in '98, but fortunately they lived.
Sounds like they aught to burn that place down. It's the wild, wild west!
And then there was this statement:
"Last year, more Texas police officers were killed in the line of duty than in any other state. Fourteen officers were killed in Texas, but none of those were in the North Texas area."
Small consolation to those families.

That is so sad. This is a poignant reminder to all of us as to how much these brave Men & Women put on the line, every day, for our safety.

My Thoughts and prayers are with his family, and the families of law enforcement officers everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom